Play Offs

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Re: Play Offs

Post by Biggles »

Stratford 3 points deducted, still in the playoffs
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Biggles wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 7:59 am Stratford 3 points deducted, still in the playoffs
That still smacks of a fudge, as Stratford gained more than those 3 points when Dan Creaney was in the team - he was a sub in the game where they beat us. Some excuse that it should have been picked up earlier as he was cautioned in a game early in the spell. Since when has that ever mattered?
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

Unaware how may matches he played until the paperwork was sorted out for his loan, the F.A should have dealt with it back in Feb or March not kicked into the Long grass until the season finishes, its the attitude of its Only Non League it can wait until the end of the Season which sucks.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

So really the play offs being cancelled was a waste of time, at least it's been resolved quickly though, I see Steevey Cleeve at Kings Lynn was mentioning getting lawyers in etc.

Will the play offs go back to normal next season?

I feel sorry for the fans of clubs who are in the play offs but know they can't get promoted, seems so unfair to me and the the league should cover the teams costs.

I was all for the FA adding a new league and making it more simple for league allocations each year. But the whole play off setup is a joke, even in the national league, if it is just for this one season they should have said lets not have any play offs this year and the teams who finish 1st 2nd and / or depending on which league 3rd will go up, that would be fair because lets be honest the team who finish 2nd has earned the right to go up.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 58 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Play offs will be back to normal next season. For 2020-21 there will be eight regional divisions at Step 4. There will also be 24 teams in National North and South so four from each division will be relegated.

Good luck to Corby on Monday. I don't recall R& D and Corby ever being in same division.
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

The play off shamble has finally (?) been resolved. Both games being played today but Stourbridge give up home advantage. Not sure when Super Play Off will be, probably August sometime!!!
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

Alvechurch beat Stourbridge and K Lynn beat Stratford. Winners of final will play Warrington in Super Final.
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

What an ass this guy is...

Some people think that's a parody account, nope it's really him.

No clubs should have had to make compromises, the finals didn't have to be on bank holiday Monday, after all the southern league take the longest amount of time to release the fixtures so they don't mind being slow when it suits them.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
Sid
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Sid »

sussexdiamond wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 7:45 am Play offs will be back to normal next season. For 2020-21 there will be eight regional divisions at Step 4. There will also be 24 teams in National North and South so four from each division will be relegated.

Good luck to Corby on Monday. I don't recall R& D and Corby ever being in same division.
We were both in the Southern Premier in 94-95. As I remember we thumped them both home and away and they finished the season well adrift at the bottom of the table.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member - 101
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Apparently the delay was also down to the league secretary being unavailable due to "league business"

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/fo ... ings-lynn/
“It is the same for our supporters. I did not want them to end up missing the game due to the arrogance, ignorance and self-centred attitude of the King’s Lynn chairman.”
https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/fo ... -pictures/
“I had a straight choice - five players said they would struggle to get time off on Wednesday”
Stourbridge fans will no doubt be rooting for Alvechurch on Monday, i can't see them beating Lynn though.

I just hope the rest of these play offs can get done and dusted with no more drama.
  • 1 up front.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎