Play Offs

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Re: Play Offs

Post by sussexdiamond »

Great effort by Corby, going down 3-4 aet to Bromsgrove. The other four from Step 4 to be promoted are Horsham, Cheshunt, Radcliffe and Yate. In Step 3 Super play offs Warrington v Kings Lynn and Met Police v Tonbridge.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Shame, would have been nice to have another Northants derby in the league. Bromsgrove will be the best supported team in the league almost certainly, average of 953 this season! Hopefully they'll bring a few more away fans than some of the teams this season!
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Olly wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 7:29 pm Shame, would have been nice to have another Northants derby in the league. Bromsgrove will be the best supported team in the league almost certainly, average of 953 this season! Hopefully they'll bring a few more away fans than some of the teams this season!
I agree about having another Northants derby. One of the things I feel our three years at Step 3 was lacking was having someone to play who might attract more local interest, especially for New Years Day/Boxing Day. Peterborough Sports might be our alternative, although it wouldn't be the same as Corby (and it'll probably happen, but I'm not keen on going to St Ives on Boxing Day).

It they can keep their forward line and midfield together, Corby will probably be among the favourites to come up next year. Their biggest issue is they're very suspect at the back, so if that's sorted, it may be that we get them and K*ttering (who I think are in for a massive jump in quality unless there's serious investment in their squad) for 2020/21.
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

Does anyone have a link to Tony Kempsters league projection document for next season?
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

Adrian wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 5:28 am Does anyone have a link to Tony Kempsters league projection document for next season?
I would imagine three National South will have to move North, Gloucester, Oxford City& St Alban's?. In our league only three teams will join us Peterborough Sports, Bromsgrove and Nuneaton.if Kings Lynn get promotion then a couple will have to move sideways to Southern League, possibly Grantham or Hednesford or Basford. T
Deryck
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by Deryck »

Adrian wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 5:28 am Does anyone have a link to Tony Kempsters league projection document for next season?
Is this the one that you're after?

http://goo.gl/5UvkvE
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 506
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

Deryck wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 8:17 am

He has Warrington at Step 2 and K Lynn still with us. I think K Lynn will beat Warrington. He also moves Bishops Stortford into our division, but if Lynn do win we would still need another new team.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

He has Warrington promoted to Step 2 because they have the better record hence home advantage in the super play off final. This is the concept which he uses to update this projection throughout the season.
mikerd
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by mikerd »

sussexdiamond wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 3:12 pm
Deryck wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 8:17 am

He has Warrington at Step 2 and K Lynn still with us. I think K Lynn will beat Warrington. He also moves Bishops Stortford into our division, but if Lynn do win we would still need another new team.

If Warrington wins, (being promoted up to step 2) then things stay the way they're, with Kings Lynn still being in are league. If Kings Lynn win (being promoted up to step 2), then Warrington will go into the Northern Premier league, and Hednesford Town, will come into our league. (Replacing Kings Lynn)
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

I was surprised to see the suggestion that the newly formed North Ferriby FC might enter at stap 5.