New Recruits for 19/20...?

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Re: New Recruits for 19/20...?

Post by Adrian »

Three Nips wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 11:48 pm
sussexdiamond wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 8:23 am I would not rule out Fairlamb completely. If he continues as an impact sub he may prefer to come to us on loan.. it really depends on if he can prove to Wilkins that he is worth a regular place.
I had a chuckle to myself after the last game of the season when we got promoted when he said to a couple of us at the bar that he thought he was good enough to play at the level above. I don't think he was wrong to take the chance but I can't say my opinion has been changed and I honestly don't think he'd be a stand out player other than the fact that we don't have many other options in wide positions.

Personally, I wouldn't be affected adversely if he rejoined nor be distraught if he didn't, he wouldn't be that much of a difference maker at this level and his distinctly average goalscoring record in our promotion season supports that quite well I think.
Totally agree with you,

I also don't know why he would drop down to this level when he could needs to use his sub appearances to try forcing his way in to their first team.

I don't think a loan and good performances in a Southern League team will get him in to a Conference North team.

Lets play some of the youngsters or sign someone who hasn't played for us before.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Fernando Bell-Toxtle has rejoined Grantham. Another player mentioned in this thread.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

BartonRaz wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 8:15 pm
BartonRaz wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 3:14 pm Another winger I think we could/should tempt is Greg Kaziboni from Banbury who is another Northampton lad with bags of ability
Has left Banbury. Expected to sign for a new club shortly....

Tamworth
BartonRaz

Post by BartonRaz »

sussexdiamond wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:56 pm
BartonRaz wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 3:14 pm Another winger I think we could/should tempt is Greg Kaziboni from Banbury who is another Northampton lad with bags of ability
Has left Banbury. Expected to sign for a new club shortly....

Tamworth
From what I can gather on Twitter, Tamworth are absolutely throwing money at it this season, and Stourbridge - having taken Alvechurch's manager - seem to be getting a very, very decent squad together.

Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

Can't blame them for throwing money at it, for big clubs getting relegated to this league can be damaging especially the small attendances etc,

The problem is throwing money at it isn't always successful at this level and in fact over the past 5 years I cant think of any any level of English football where big spending has brought trophies like it used to i/e Roman @ Chelsea's first years and Abdul @ Man City's first years.

A sign of how the standard of football has improved and that money doesn't always get success, of course Leicester City also played a massive part in it, IMO football desperately needed that.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Adrian wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:25 pm A sign of how the standard of football has improved and that money doesn't always get success, of course Leicester City also played a massive part in it, IMO football desperately needed that.
A bit of a fallacy that Leicester City’s owners didn’t invest heavily in the transfer market in the 18 months leading up to their title win. They were also under investigation by the EFL after their earlier promotion from the Championship over alleged transgression of the FFP rules and in February 2018 agreed to a settlement of £3.1 million with the EFL.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... league-ffp
BartonRaz

Post by BartonRaz »

Isaac Galliford joins Hemel Hempstead.

Not sure he was ever realistic!

sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Is not Isaac Galliford a defender? We have a sound back four . Even if Jacko were to decide his chances are now limited we have potentially the excellent Patrick Casey.
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

sussexdiamond wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:23 pm Is not Isaac Galliford a defender? We have a sound back four . Even if Jacko were to decide his chances are now limited we have potentially the excellent Patrick Casey.
No he’s described as a wide attacking midfield player. Though given his ability I think he’s realistically given the “wide as he wants to be attacking player and let others do the defensive element of midfield role”
BartonRaz

Post by BartonRaz »

Nuneaton look like they mean business this season. They've signed Stuart Beavon and Luke Benbow today. I doubt there are many better strikers nationally at Step 3 than those 2.