New Recruits for 19/20...?

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Re: New Recruits for 19/20...?

Post by sussexdiamond »

We should be scouring the UCL for young players who have proved themselves at Step 5 and are now looking to step up. Our management know the UCL and players know that we will give them a chance
In past seasons we always had promotion as a priority and needed the finished article, now we can be more patient and give those with potential a chance. I would even like to see some of our under 21's given a run out in the PSF's.
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

I think today's news that Nabs has signed for Stratford despite being announced as a new signing by Banbury a few weeks ago highlights the problem we face. Whilst I get its not as exciting, we've learnt over the years to announce when signed on the dotted line. I am sure there will be some confirmations this week.

Remember last season Hicks and Reynolds were trialists in pre season.
AFC R&D Member No. 67
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

Some little gems can appear at this time of year. It is not always about signing known players. I am sure Peaksy and Co will have a few surprises for us when he is ready to announce the new players. We already have 15 from last season signed up so we cannot expect too many new faces. Although as usually happens by end of September a few not getting much game time will move on. We only have to wait ten more days for our first game.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

sussexdiamond wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:20 am Some little gems can appear at this time of year. It is not always about signing known players. I am sure Peaksy and Co will have a few surprises for us when he is ready to announce the new players. We already have 15 from last season signed up so we cannot expect too many new faces. Although as usually happens by end of September a few not getting much game time will move on. We only have to wait ten more days for our first game.
Who are the 15? Where have you seen this?
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

It has already been said that all of last seasons squad have re-signed, except Westbrook and Diamond. If you want names; Heath, Reynolds, Dolman, Collard, Brown, Ashton, Hicks, Rodgers, Curtis, Farrell, Johnson, Aquah, Lorraine, Bowen and Dean. I would expect us to be strengthening midfield and strikers.
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

sussexdiamond wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:00 pm It has already been said that all of last seasons squad have re-signed, except Westbrook and Diamond. If you want names; Heath, Reynolds, Dolman, Collard, Brown, Ashton, Hicks, Rodgers, Curtis, Farrell, Johnson, Aquah, Lorraine, Bowen and Dean. I would expect us to be strengthening midfield and strikers.
Where has it been said?! I am not happy with Bowen and Dean , Need fresh different style up top
Last edited by diamondsteve on Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ParcelFace
Has Liked: 73 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by ParcelFace »

diamondsteve wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:26 pm
sussexdiamond wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:00 pm It has already been said that all of last seasons squad have re-signed, except Westbrook and Diamond. If you want names; Heath, Reynolds, Dolman, Collard, Brown, Ashton, Hicks, Rodgers, Curtis, Farrell, Johnson, Aquah, Lorraine, Bowen and Dean. I would expect us to be strengthening midfield and strikers.
Where has it been said?’
Peaksy said it when we announced of them signing a contract:

http://www.afcdiamonds.com/zack-reynold ... for-201920

"On other squad news Peaks reiterated that all of last years squad had committed to next season with the exception of Jack Westbrook, and there a number of new players coming in pre-season whom he is confident can add to the squad and take it to the next level.

As and when players sign league forms after July 1st these will be announced accordingly."

Think Diamond's going travelling this season which is why he's not signing.
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

Well it deserves another Post tbh . Not even a Twitter post saying anything about the whole squad . Could of done it K*ttering style like a post per player :biggrin: :fool:

Dean still wanting to keep the bench warm? Only saying this as we could do with cash going elsewhere! Who agrees?
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

ParcelFace wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:27 pm
diamondsteve wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:26 pm
Where has it been said?’
Peaksy said it when we announced of them signing a contract:

http://www.afcdiamonds.com/zack-reynold ... for-201920

"On other squad news Peaks reiterated that all of last years squad had committed to next season with the exception of Jack Westbrook, and there a number of new players coming in pre-season whom he is confident can add to the squad and take it to the next level.

As and when players sign league forms after July 1st these will be announced accordingly."

Think Diamond's going travelling this season which is why he's not signing.
Bit of a difference between committed and signed just ask Banbury fans about Nab’s. Back in training now so things will start to take shape.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

diamondsteve wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:33 pm Well it deserves another Post tbh . Not even a Twitter post saying anything about the whole squad . Could of done it K*ttering style like a post per player :biggrin: :fool:

Dean still wanting to keep the bench warm? Only saying this as we could do with cash going elsewhere! Who agrees?
I do. He's not good enough for this level. Runs around a lot without getting much ball. I also think that Curtis could be replaced with a UCL standard played. But others like Bowen and with a forced hand, Westbrook and diamond, will be tougher to replace. You'd like to think we'll start the season with at least 17 registered players