Spurs or Liverpool

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Spurs or Liverpool

Post by sussexdiamond »

As a Spurs fan I was ready to support Liverpool after Tuesdays game assuming Spurs would lose to Ajax and that of course was only confirmed at half time on Wednesday. What incredible games for English players and Champions of our Premier League. Only problem is that between them they barely muster half a dozen Brits let alone Englishmen and neither are representing England as Champions. It's all a bit of a farce really. I will stick to non league Footie. Ps Will the final be shown on BT sport in the Cross Keys😇
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Re: Spurs or Liverpool

Post by Trek »

sussexdiamond wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 8:31 am Only problem is that between them they barely muster half a dozen Brits let alone Englishmen...
Really? Spurs have at least 8 Englishmen in their squad plus a Welshman who will all be in contention for the Final and although not an expert on Liverpool’s squad off the top of my head I can think of at least 5 Englishmen plus a Scotsman who could face the mighty Spurs.

If we’re talking about British representation at Arsenal and Chelsea then that’s a different matter.
Three Nips
Been Liked: 3 times

Re: Spurs or Liverpool

Post by Three Nips »

Trek wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 9:40 am
sussexdiamond wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 8:31 am Only problem is that between them they barely muster half a dozen Brits let alone Englishmen...
Really? Spurs have at least 8 Englishmen in their squad plus a Welshman who will all be in contention for the Final and although not an expert on Liverpool’s squad off the top of my head I can think of at least 5 Englishmen plus a Scotsman who could face the mighty Spurs.

If we’re talking about British representation at Arsenal and Chelsea then that’s a different matter.
Welshmen don't count :bigboss:
Everywhere we go....