Fixtures

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Fixtures

Post by sussexdiamond »

First match at Barwell. I have mixed feelings of that place. The day we played there in FA Cup was the only time I have been physically assaulted at a football match
Insulted many times but only once assaulted.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Re: Fixtures

Post by Trek »

Interesting that it is the first time since August 2014 that we have to compete in the EXTRA Preliminary Round of the FA Cup.
What is the reason for this?
Formic
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Trek wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:01 am Interesting that it is the first time since August 2014 that we have to compete in the EXTRA Preliminary Round of the FA Cup.
Where did you hear that? We have league fixtures on the dates for the preliminary rounds - http://www.afcdiamonds.com/fixtures201920 The indication is that we will enter for the First Round Qualifying on 7th September. I'm not sure if they will draw that today. Similarly for the FA Trophy.
Last edited by Formic on Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I'm not expecting us to enter until the First Qualifying Round stage, which is actually the first time the club has entered so late in to the competition.

The draw is out within the next hour or so, although it'll likely read A or B or C or D Vs AFC Rushden & Diamonds, unless we draw somebody from our level.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Drunken Debanker
Has Liked: 12 times

Post by Drunken Debanker »

BartonRaz wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:23 am I'm not expecting us to enter until the First Qualifying Round stage, which is actually the first time the club has entered so late in to the competition.

The draw is out within the next hour or so, although it'll likely read A or B or C or D Vs AFC Rushden & Diamonds, unless we draw somebody from our level.
Shock we are away again Raz! :joy: :biggrin:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds
We'll Drink Some Beer
And We'll Drink Some More
Cuz We Are The Rushden Boys On Tour.
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

I am sure that as a Step 3 club we enter at first qualifying. The only reason we did not join at that stage last season was because of the re structuring.
Trek
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Formic wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:18 am
Trek wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:01 am Interesting that it is the first time since August 2014 that we have to compete in the EXTRA Preliminary Round of the FA Cup.
Where did you hear that? We have league fixtures on the dates for the preliminary rounds - http://www.afcdiamonds.com/fixtures201920 The indication is that we will enter for the First Round Qualifying on 7th September. I'm not sure if they will draw that today. Similarly for the FA Trophy.
I received an email from the club earlier this morning attaching a Fans Newsletter outlining the fixtures and quickly reading it I noticed that for the first fixture against Barwell (away) it said ‘Emirates FA Cup Extra Prelim’ to the right. Obviously reading again it I now see that a variety of other date related competitions have been listed against many of our league fixtures. :blush:
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

sussexdiamond wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:19 am First match at Barwell. I have mixed feelings of that place. The day we played there in FA Cup was the only time I have been physically assaulted at a football match
Surely the turnstile operator didn't frisk you , I usually count myself lucky of it happens to me.

In all seriousness they do have one or two OTT fans who think they are Millwall with their gobs and the ridiculous thing is they are in their 30s so a bit slow growing up.

Not long to go now!
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

Adrian wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:38 pm
sussexdiamond wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:19 am First match at Barwell. I have mixed feelings of that place. The day we played there in FA Cup was the only time I have been physically assaulted at a football match
Surely the turnstile operator didn't frisk you , I usually count myself lucky of it happens to me.

In all seriousness they do have one or two OTT fans who think they are Millwall with their gobs and the ridiculous thing is they are in their 30s so a bit slow growing up.

Not long to go now!
The offender was in his 30's. After the game as I was applauding the players off this guy gave me an almighty punch/push in the back, considering I am a senior citizen it knocked me to the ground. Other Barwell fans turned on him and he ran away.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

BartonRaz wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:23 am I'm not expecting us to enter until the First Qualifying Round stage, which is actually the first time the club has entered so late in to the competition.

Turns out we weren't in today's draw so will have to wait to discover our 'fate'.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291