[ Sat 20th Jul ] v Oxford City FC, KO 3pm PSF AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Re: [ Sat 20th Jul ] v Oxford City FC, KO 3pm PSF AWAY

Post by Adrian »

Agreed if we are to sign a player whether he is good enough or not - give one of our youngsters a chance instead.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! đź’Ž
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Re: TODAY! [ Sat 20th Jul ] v Oxford City FC, KO 3pm PSF AWAY

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

BartonRaz wrote: ↑Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:01 pm
TheIncognitoKid wrote: ↑Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:28 pm
BartonRaz wrote: ↑Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:01 pm A real struggle today against a side that weren’t overly impressive. The performance was very similar to plenty that we saw at the back end of last season.

Most of these trialists are a mile off it. Back to the drawing board on the recruitment I think. We certainly need a few new faces.
Thing is, where are we likely to find them? There's a few restrictions at our level like, location, budget, not wanting to sit on the bench too long and obviously being good enough. I think I'd take a punt on at least one if the young central midfielders, who would probably understand that they'd have to fight for their place. With the start of the season being just over two weeks away, 3 or 4 players are going to have to be added and you'd then think at least 2 of the trislists will be signed wether they are good enough or not.
Totally agree with that, but I'd rather have five subs come the opening fixture than three. If I were to choose a starting eleven right now, then my bench would be Ashton, Curtis and Bowen. Very little midfield options at all. Just saying, I think I'd take a couple of the young trislists on a short term contract to prove themselves.

Plucked the likes of Collard and Reynolds from left field last year and they didn’t turn out too badly. Don’t forget also that one of our best players last season was a loanee and we could/should explore that option again if it pops up.

Shouldn’t be signing anyone up for the sake of it.