[ Tue 13th Aug ] v Leiston FC, KO 7:45pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

[ Tue 13th Aug ] v Leiston FC, KO 7:45pm SLPDC HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Official Match Preview

http://www.afcdiamonds.com/afc-rushden- ... 3th-august

leiston home.png
leiston home.png (1.97 MiB) Viewed 4495 times
Dazzler
The Staff

Re: [ Tue 13th Aug ] v Leiston FC, KO 7:45pm HOME SLPDC

Post by Dazzler »

<BUMP> Tonight at Hayden Road!

Remember the Bar Swap is in operation tonight - access the Oak Room via the Terrace at far end, or if you need step free access, then see the steward by the bar door near the Burger Hut.
Dazzler
The Staff

Re: TONIGHT! [ Tue 13th Aug ] v Leiston FC, KO 7:45pm HOME SLPDC

Post by Dazzler »

Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

The most entertaining game at Hayden Road for ages. Nice to see us running at defenders in all areas of the pitch.
Pigman
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by Pigman »

That was outstanding! Great entertainment and a cracking start to the season, I thoroughly enjoyed that.

I thought Nat was awesome tonight and just the kind of player we’ve been looking for.

Bigger test on Saturday, but this might be a good time to play them - 100% record, great start to the season !!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Three Nips
Been Liked: 3 times

Re: [ Tue 13th Aug ] v Leiston FC, KO 7:45pm HOME SLPDC

Post by Three Nips »

I don't think we should be getting ahead of ourselves, I think it's fair to say that we've beaten two sides that will be battling at the wrong end of the table this year.

That being said, I think we've shown a couple of different ways of playing in the last two games where previously we may have been a bit one dimensional and that is particularly encouraging.

Saturday will likely be a much bigger test but in the small sample of competitive games so far this season, they have been far more entertaining than what we became accustomed to at the back end of last campaign and that is the main thing for me (although I would much rather see us win every game).

I don't know as it is a good time to play Nuneaton as they've had a good couple of games to gel now but I hope that we get a good crowd with a fair amount of travelling support and that the TVs are set up in time for the early kick off on Saturday to maximise the revenue we can potentially make.
Everywhere we go....
gibston
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 44 times

Re: [ Tue 13th Aug ] v Leiston FC, KO 7:45pm SLPDC HOME

Post by gibston »

Great start from the boys! Heathy looked solid & seems alittle more vocal (guess with competing with cooper has helped) 3 centre half been very good & class in both boxes. Our delivery from set pieces have been decent so fair play to benny-slinny & Dec. Nat G-T has done very well,obviously more of a winger but has been decent as a wing back,put 3 great balls across the 6 yard box tonight,but more than deserves his place. But having Ben Aqyauye in behind the front two has been good to watch,running at players,both feet & looking to get shots off,something we lack last season imo,and to be fair to lad he has sat & waited for his opportunity! Saturday will be a big test for us as theyve threw some serious £££££ at it,and our last 2 opponents I believe theyll be bottom 5 this year but that's not taking nothing away from us. Well done to all involved.
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Interviews with Man of the match @Natgosnaltyler1 plus manager @AndyPeaks and 1st team coach @NChamps following last nights victory over

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ev5lSmjO64&t=13s

Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Jon Dunham's Report

https://twitter.com/JonDunhamNT/status/ ... 95143?s=20

Alex Collard headed AFC Rushden & Diamonds level before they went on to thrash Leiston 5-1
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

How refreshing! The back end of last season was pretty tiresome never looking as though we could win games, but the retained players have certainly come back rejuvenated. Especially Bowen and Lorraine. Ben Acquaye is showing what many knew he was capable of. Where the hell has NGT been hiding!!! Matt Slinn looks a little lightweight physically but has much improved from his first PSF. With Reynolds, Rogers and Johnson yet to start we once again have a very strong bench. Plus we have yet to see what Macdonald and Dove can do. Great to see Tom break his lean spell, 14 games without a goal, now we just want Jack B back on the scoresheet.