Aaron O'Connor

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dbsl
Been Liked: 15 times

Aaron O'Connor

Post by Dbsl »

Aaron is told he can leave the cub up the road. I just wonder, any chance of affording him?
ParcelFace
Has Liked: 73 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Re: Aaron O'Conner

Post by ParcelFace »

No way we can afford it and we'd have to get rid of one of the players who've done us well so far this season. He's a cracking player though, a cut above anything we currently have.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

ParcelFace wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:13 pm No way we can afford it and we'd have to get rid of one of the players who've done us well so far this season. He's a cracking player though, a cut above anything we currently have.
If a player like that who would improve us significantly wants to play for us then you find a way, even if it means offloading 2 or 3 to accommodate it, although even then he’d have to make some compromises i’d have thought.

Doubt he wants to play for us though after the grief we gave him at our place in April. Does he even live locally?
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
TwinkleToesTomlin
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

No thanks!
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

It would be great to have him, but there is no way we can afford him. I think there is more bad/good news to come out of Latimer Park in the next couple of days.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by davealbon »

I'd have O'Connor here in a heartbeat, but as a conservative estimate, he's probably earning the same amount at the scum as I would guess our top 6 earners get between them. And it wouldn't surprise me if it was the same as our top 10 earners.

Our players only get paid if they play, bar a couple on contacts who still get paid a small amount if they don't, so to accommodate O'Connor we'd have to drop our 6-10 current top earners and find some players who'd play for nothing. Or he'd have to take a massive pay cut.

Either way, not going to happen.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by davealbon »

BartonRaz wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:59 pmDoubt he wants to play for us though after the grief we gave him at our place in April. Does he even live locally?
He got far worse at the Rockinghorse, yet still signed for the scum. Money talks (not that we have enough).
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
sandringhamdiamond
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by sandringhamdiamond »

he will struggle to find a club that will pay him what K*ttering was, he wont get a move to a conf club now, i'm sure a few conf north clubs will take a look but wont offer him silly money.

I do think we should go all out and make him an offer, obviously not the level K*ttering were paying and lets be honest, hes a cut above the rest in this division and will be the difference to us be exciting to watch going forward again and making the playoffs, he will create a bit of excitement, crowds will go up and bring more revenue to the club.
Pigman
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by Pigman »

Can’t afford him - end of! Can’t even understand why anyone would think we could - sustainability people, it runs through our constitution like a stick of rock !!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Pigman wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:29 pm Can’t afford him - end of! Can’t even understand why anyone would think we could - sustainability people, it runs through our constitution like a stick of rock !!
I think people are just get carried away a bit with the fact that, he's a decent player that once played for us. Always be the glimmer of hope that he'd want to return, but like you say, we're not going to break the mould just to sign a player because the fans want it