New ground

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Scroggy

New ground

Post by Scroggy »

So the new ground when it arrives is going to be complete with a 4g pitch, that for me is disastrous, can't stand them. Football is meant to be played on grass. I have never seen a good game on a 4g pitch.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Re: New ground

Post by Trek »

I don’t think the Club have announced what type of pitch we will have at our proposed new ground. You may be confused with the plans for the Northants FA new development.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I think you’ve misread the article. It makes mention of us but only in relation to us having a patch of land nearby.

The main stadium they’re hoping will be at Step 4 standard which is obviously no good to us.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 23 times
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

The article didn't mention who would be using that Step 4 pitch, which confuses me. Unless they're building a neutral venue for County Cup semis/finals...

I hope when the new ground is built that it is 4G btw. Makes sense from a community teams POV, can be hired out and avoids postponements.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

I admit I thought it looked like it was a joint venture at first. Is this the land that was for 'our future expansion'?
AFC R & D member number 34
Trek

Post by Trek »

Three of Diamonds wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:26 am Is this the land that was for 'our future expansion'?
No I don’t think it is, Robin. The piece of land for the NFA lease appears to be almost a square sized plot slightly further to the south east only accessible from Newton Road. The proposed additional area to our original 11.6 acre lease mentioned in the Board Statement last November that may be available to us in the future is, I understand, between the NFA site and the current Higham Town FC site.
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

I would assume Hayden Road is still the target for more housing, moving AFC and Rushden and Higham United out to the new recreational zone situated around The Moulton College Area of Higham. Step 4 facilities would be very adequate for Rushden and Higham without the need to spend money on ground improvements over the years in case they won any promotions.

The long game of the councils with the Duchy of Lancaster Help to gain access to Hayden road and move the Football clubs to out of Town facilities is moving to fruition but still a while off yet until funding is found for Our new Ground unless of course once R&H are homed we are made homeless again or we have to accept demotion to Step 4 to survive.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
Trek

Post by Trek »

Although Hayden Road has been earmarked for housing in the LA Local Plan whether or not this happens is entirely up to the owners Rushden Sports Limited. If they are happy for it to remain as a sports ground then they can resist any pressure from the LA.
Pigman
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by Pigman »

Bob's Bitch wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:55 pm The article didn't mention who would be using that Step 4 pitch, which confuses me. Unless they're building a neutral venue for County Cup semis/finals...

I hope when the new ground is built that it is 4G btw. Makes sense from a community teams POV, can be hired out and avoids postponements.
Please god no! Makes for a dreadful match experience - yes to having a 4G pitch somewhere on site for hiring out etc, but please not for our main stadium pitch.

I get all the arguments for one (less postponements etc) but I’m an old traditionalist, football should be played on grass - I’d hope anyone who went to Redditch last week would agree!

It’s all about opinions obviously, but if we had a main 4G pitch at our new ground (whenever that may be) I’d be immensely disappointed!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 40 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Rushden Sports also own the cricket ground so that may be included in any future plans