[ Sat 5th Oct ] v Bromsgrove Sporting, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
rossco
Been Liked: 2 times

Re: [ Sat 5th Oct ] v Bromsgrove Sporting, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

Post by rossco »

FOOTYMAN wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:38 pm This was the first game I've managed to get to this season, l was not disappointed with the match, only the end result. I don't know how the ref thought Reynolds deserved a red card, but, we didn't readjust to cope with the loss of a player. And Ashton was reckless with that sort of challenge, knowing the refs attitude and deserved to be sent off. The heads went and we were treated to a goal feast, albeit to them. Also, l got in at a bargain price, l gave £15 and was handed £9 change, happy days.
See you next week.
As others have said... why post this on here? £11 isn’t exactly a lot for 90 mins of football anyway. Trust you’ll pay the extra £5 you owe next week?
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

rdusher wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:36 am
TheIncognitoKid wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:04 am

Should have owned up and been honest and handed the money back. Club needs all the money it can get.
Agreed.

Strange place to boast
Agree, put on another forum someone made a mistake and you got in cheep but on your own forum😳 though if 1st game this season perhaps this is another clubs forum.
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 40 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

With ten goals no doubt he'll pay double next time
rushdenman

Post by rushdenman »

Having watched the video I think Zac was a little unlucky with the red card.
Their guy slid in with his leg on the ground and got to the ball fractionally before Zac would have done so Zac's momentum meant he caught their player's lower leg, on the ground, about halfway up his calf.
It was not off the ground and there was no intent, so I think a yellow was probably more appropriate. However, I can see why the ref thought a red was deserved as he only saw it once at full speed.
Might be worth an appeal on the video evidence.
Absolutely no complaints about Jack's red card. It was high, late and out of control.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by davealbon »

rushdenman wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:17 am Having watched the video I think Zac was a little unlucky with the red card.
Their guy slid in with his leg on the ground and got to the ball fractionally before Zac would have done so Zac's momentum meant he caught their player's lower leg, on the ground, about halfway up his calf.
It was not off the ground and there was no intent, so I think a yellow was probably more appropriate. However, I can see why the ref thought a red was deserved as he only saw it once at full speed.
Absolutely no complaints about Jack's red card. It was high, late and out of control.
The other thing with Zack's red was that the player came from behind him; Zack wouldn't have even seen him when he went for the ball. Absolutely no point appealing it though; I think the only red we've appealed previously was Brownie's at Wisbech when the video clearly showed he'd won the ball, and we still didn't get that overturned.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

davealbon wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:51 am
rushdenman wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:17 am Having watched the video I think Zac was a little unlucky with the red card.
The other thing with Zack's red was that the player came from behind him; Zack wouldn't have even seen him when he went for the ball. Absolutely no point appealing it though; I think the only red we've appealed previously was Brownie's at Wisbech when the video clearly showed he'd won the ball, and we still didn't get that overturned.
Like Dave says Zac was nearest to the ball and looking at it, their player came in from behind and would struggle to claim he was in control, I didn't even see it as a card, or if it was it was yellow to the Bromsgrove player. The second one was never in question totally ridiculous challenge in any circumstances which if the player had his foot down and studs planted could have resulted in serious injury.
train
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by train »

Zak got fouled just before that incident from behind, (he didn't go down like a sack load of potatoes) he stayed up, a foul is a foul. 3:26 bit, look.

Should have been a foul to us, nowhere near a red card.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv2z5qACKdM
rushdenman

Post by rushdenman »

train wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:19 pm Zak got fouled just before that incident from behind, (he didn't go down like a sack load of potatoes) he stayed up, a foul is a foul. 3:26 bit, look.

The difference is that Zac didn't go down like a squealing pig.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

train wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:19 pm Zak got fouled just before that incident from behind, (he didn't go down like a sack load of potatoes) he stayed up, a foul is a foul. 3:26 bit, look.

That's a hard watch watching that back. A dark day for the club on the pitch. Having seen it back, I've no arguments over ashton's red. It's a dangerous challenge and he will know better than most that a lunge in like that is unacceptable. Reynolds however is a yellow at most, he wouldn't have even seen the guy coming in behind him. But it's done now and we move on, just a shame a redult like that is forever in the history books.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

Post by Dazzler »