[ Sat 5th Oct ] v Bromsgrove Sporting, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Cotty
Has Liked: 1 time

Re: [ Sat 5th Oct ] v Bromsgrove Sporting, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

Post by Cotty »

Can't help thinking what would have happened if the situation had been reversed and Bromsgrove had had two players sent off. I just cannot see our strike force running riot and scoring a hatful of goals.The attack has too often been lacklustre in front of goal. Indeed more than half of our goals this season have been scored by defenders. Much as I admire Tom - his effort and loyalty to the club are first-class - he is not an out and out striker.Target man -yes .Good with his head -yes. Unfortunately in front of goal with the ball at his feet he can often be indecisive. When we had two up front, able to feed off each other, like for example Robbins or even Ben Diamond, we were far more effective and on target. I know that strikers are like gold dust but something needs to happen soon to prevent a further slip down the league table.
train
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by train »

Cotty wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:40 pm Can't help thinking what would have happened if the situation had been reversed and Bromsgrove had had two players sent off. I just cannot see our strike force running riot and scoring a hatful of goals.The attack has too often been lacklustre in front of goal. Indeed more than half of our goals this season have been scored by defenders. Much as I admire Tom - his effort and loyalty to the club are first-class - he is not an out and out striker.Target man -yes .Good with his head -yes. Unfortunately in front of goal with the ball at his feet he can often be indecisive. When we had two up front, able to feed off each other, like for example Robbins or even Ben Diamond, we were far more effective and on target. I know that strikers are like gold dust but something needs to happen soon to prevent a further slip down the league table.
Nicely put, I agree 100%, we need a striker, would love to see Robbins back, but can't see that happening.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

train wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:12 pm Nicely put, I agree 100%, we need a striker, would love to see Robbins back, but can't see that happening.
We know that Peaks likes to bring former players back, having done it in the past with Fazel Koriya, Declan Rogers, Joel Gyasi, and Brad Harris although Brad didn’t play in his second spell.

Robbins has just announced he’s left Loughborough Dynamo. He was Club Captain there, so perhaps has something lined up.... :hmmm:
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

BartonRaz wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:02 pm
train wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:12 pm Nicely put, I agree 100%, we need a striker, would love to see Robbins back, but can't see that happening.
We know that Peaks likes to bring former players back, having done it in the past with Fazel Koriya, Declan Rogers, Joel Gyasi, and Brad Harris although Brad didn’t play in his second spell.

Robbins has just announced he’s left Loughborough Dynamo. He was Club Captain there, so perhaps has something lined up.... :hmmm:
Be a perfect opportunity all round. He'd get straight into the team you'd imagine. Next two away games are quite close for him being a Leicestershire resident
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Anyone notice that Bromsgrove took a 7-2 hammering at home against Barwell in the FA Trophy? Now they know how that feels!
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

Trek wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:11 pm Anyone notice that Bromsgrove took a 7-2 hammering at home against Barwell in the FA Trophy? Now they know how that feels!
With predominantly the same side, 8 from starting 11, 2 from the bunch v us and just Mills new in “funny old game Saint funny old game”