[ Sat 5th Oct ] v Bromsgrove Sporting, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
gibston
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 44 times

Re: [ Sat 5th Oct ] v Bromsgrove Sporting, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

Post by gibston »

Agree we need a striker with pace. But today we were dreadful defensively,all 3 goals 1st half were poor,2nd half pretty much the same,keeper bottled a few,free header back stick,and we allowed them to walk straight through us!!! Dont get me wrong jacko has killed us at 3-2,but again hes been great of late. Today is a day to forget,and with 2 defenders now suspended,next few weeks with tough games is going to be difficult
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

Bad results, poor performances, mistakes on and off the pitch, poor choices on and off the pitch, disappointments.....they all happen from time to time in football!

Zac was unlucky, where I was no way did that look a red card! Jack’s was nailed on, no arguments and was stupid beyond belief! If you read this Jack, you’ve got to control yourself in those situations - it’s all well and good playing with passion, but control and discipline are equally important. Especially when down to 10 men already! You need to play with your head. Thought the ref got a lot wrong today (how did their 12 stay on?) that was the one thing he got right!

Today is one best forgotten - but you can’t say it wasn’t entertaining in a masochistic kind of way!

Vital to bounce back next week though or we’re starting to slip down the table, down to 8th already and possibly slipping out of the top 10 if others win their games in hand.

We need to draw a line under it and move on! Challenging match next week, but we’ve got to dig deep and put things right!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Harry Flashman

Post by Harry Flashman »

It did become in the last 10 minutes an embarrassment for all concerned but if you can meet triumph and disaster and treat those two imposters just the same......
It hurt the players and it hurt the crowd but just have to talk it out, put it behind us and get ready for the next game. Finishing with 9 men is however no excuse for what was abject performance. It was a perfect storm senior players missing or having nightmares and young lads completely shaken by the experience of losing two key defenders sent off.
We were in the game until the first red card but were slow out the blocks second half and Bromsgrove were then in the ascendancy .
Management and players have a tough few weeks and pride and of course points are at stake or we may find ourselves mid table in a few weeks. We do not become a poor side in one result and the lads will regroup and be ready for next week. A day to learn from, perhaps for all of us.
therushden
Has Liked: 138 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

On the plus side, two strikers scored our goals today.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
discodunk
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by discodunk »

defense crap,forwards crap,tactics crap,management crap,discipline crap,,,how im feeling crap,,,,,,time for changes,some of these players just aren't up to it :sad: :sad: :sad:
AFC RUSHDEN AND DIAMONDS MEMBERSHIP NUMBER-54
train
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by train »

Thought we played good football in the first half, then the referee spoilt the game with the sending off, ref was thick stupid idiot, if anything thought it was a foul to us.

Then our heads dropped.

I agree we need a striker, notice it a few times before, mentioned, Ryan Robbins.

Thought he was a class player who could turn the game just like that, would love to see Ryan Robbins back, but don't think that will happen.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 140 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I can't help but think people are going overboard here. If we'd have lost 8-2 in normal circumstances then i'd be as upset as the next man, but the circumstances became anything but normal. We can hardly blame the management or the other players for the incidents that changed the game so significantly.

Don't get me wrong, personally I thought it was a jeckyll and hyde performance at best leading up to the red cards and I think we'd have struggled to get anything out the game anyway on the basis we were getting caught on the counter attack incessantly and were simply unable to cope with their number 9. We've got Liam Dolman and Sam Brown out of the side, two defenders that would be amongst the first names on the team sheet, so defensive issues were inevitable really.

Reynolds' red card looked very harsh as others have said, but I'm guessing that Jack Ashton just didn't fancy it in the second half given his 'tackle' was only going to have one result. Either that or a half-time team talk which surely would have had some focus on keeping discipline went in one ear and out the other.

It doesn't really matter if we lost 5-2, as looked like it was going to be the case, or 8-2. The way we fell apart was obviously disappointing, and the way some of the goals were conceded were pathetic (the 7th stands out where the guy walked through our defence, literally!) but we've just got to draw a line under this and move on.

The main concern now is not today, it's the fact that we've got equally difficult games coming up and we're going to be without Ashton (for 4 games?), Reynolds (3?) and Sam Brown. It remains to be seen how we cope with that but I suspect we won't cope with it very well.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

train wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:56 pm I agree we need a striker, notice it a few times before, mentioned, Ryan Robbins.
Thought he was a class player who could turn the game just like that, would love to see Ryan Robbins back, but don't think that will happen.
I also mentioned him this afternoon when watching the match and was reminded that Loughborough Dynamo, where is the club captain, were struggling this season at Step 4 level although Robbins did score the winner from the penalty spot this afternoon against Lincoln United. However, given his rather suspect attitude/lack of effort at times and the fact that he’s only scored 3 goals this season I don’t feel he would be the answer to our current striker problems.

We shouldn’t, in my opinion, consider any signing players who live as far away as Macdonald or Robbins as this can cause problems with them not being able to attend mid week training sessions.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

BartonRaz wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:21 pm The main concern now is not today, it's the fact that we've got equally difficult games coming up and we're going to be without Ashton (for 4 games?), Reynolds (3?) and Sam Brown. It remains to be seen how we cope with that but I suspect we won't cope with it very well.
It is a real concern however I would suggest that Ben Farrell could fill in the right back berth and I recall the erstwhile scout, Henry (whatever happened to him?) telling me that Ben was the best right back in the club! Hicks will probably play left back until Sam Brown returns and Slinn and Jesse (who was unlucky to be withdrawn at half time in the tactical switch) will have to step up to the plate in midfield.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Trek wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:32 pm
BartonRaz wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:21 pm The main concern now is not today, it's the fact that we've got equally difficult games coming up and we're going to be without Ashton (for 4 games?), Reynolds (3?) and Sam Brown. It remains to be seen how we cope with that but I suspect we won't cope with it very well.
It is a real concern however I would suggest that Ben Farrell could fill in the right back berth and I recall the erstwhile scout, Henry (whatever happened to him?) telling me that Ben was the best right back in the club! Hicks will probably play left back until Sam Brown returns and Slinn and Jesse (who was unlucky to be withdrawn at half time in the tactical switch) will have to step up to the plate in midfield.
Peaksy' s program noted stated, that we may have to bring in a couple of new faces after 3 players have departed and I'd imagine that that is now a certainty. A left sided player may prove difficult to find as they would probably only be for cover. I'm also not sure that dolman and collard are fully fit, I doubt dolman is yet, as collard didn't look at the races at all today. Not sure if he's back in the side, but luke knight was on the bench against us for Royston, is just one name who could come in and do a job. Other targets would be players at this level, who are out of favour at the moment or from the league below