[ Sat 5th Oct ] v Bromsgrove Sporting, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
train
Has Liked: 2 times

Re: [ Sat 5th Oct ] v Bromsgrove Sporting, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

Post by train »

Trek wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:32 pm
BartonRaz wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:21 pm The main concern now is not today, it's the fact that we've got equally difficult games coming up and we're going to be without Ashton (for 4 games?), Reynolds (3?) and Sam Brown. It remains to be seen how we cope with that but I suspect we won't cope with it very well.
It is a real concern however I would suggest that Ben Farrell could fill in the right back berth and I recall the erstwhile scout, Henry (whatever happened to him?) telling me that Ben was the best right back in the club! Hicks will probably play left back until Sam Brown returns and Slinn and Jesse (who was unlucky to be withdrawn at half time in the tactical switch) will have to step up to the plate in midfield.

That is a good post, a concern about are defenders being out of action over a number of games, just thought it was disappointing in how we dropped our heads, in the way we did. 1st one was never a sending off in a million years, no complaints about the 2nd red card. No complaints..

The referee should be sent off himself for the awful/rubbish performance he did.
Hopefully it was a one off, (so there will be no repeat of it)

Let's pick ourselves up and beat Coalville on Saturday. :clapping:
ParcelFace
Has Liked: 73 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by ParcelFace »

What's Ben Seymour-Shove doing these days? Loves a goal against us, reckon he could do a good job
FOOTYMAN
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by FOOTYMAN »

This was the first game I've managed to get to this season, l was not disappointed with the match, only the end result. I don't know how the ref thought Reynolds deserved a red card, but, we didn't readjust to cope with the loss of a player. And Ashton was reckless with that sort of challenge, knowing the refs attitude and deserved to be sent off. The heads went and we were treated to a goal feast, albeit to them. Also, l got in at a bargain price, l gave £15 and was handed £9 change, happy days.
See you next week.
therushden
Has Liked: 137 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

ParcelFace wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:10 pm What's Ben Seymour-Shove doing these days? Loves a goal against us, reckon he could do a good job
He scored today.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

FOOTYMAN wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:38 pm This was the first game I've managed to get to this season, l was not disappointed with the match, only the end result. I don't know how the ref thought Reynolds deserved a red card, but, we didn't readjust to cope with the loss of a player. And Ashton was reckless with that sort of challenge, knowing the refs attitude and deserved to be sent off. The heads went and we were treated to a goal feast, albeit to them. Also, l got in at a bargain price, l gave £15 and was handed £9 change, happy days.
See you next week.
Should have owned up and been honest and handed the money back. Club needs all the money it can get.
rdusher
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 56 times

Post by rdusher »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:04 am

Should have owned up and been honest and handed the money back. Club needs all the money it can get.
Agreed.

Strange place to boast
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 87 times

Post by Dazzler »

Post Match Interview

Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Jon Dunham's Post Match report - VERDICT: Nine-man Diamonds demolished by Bromsgrove

https://twitter.com/JonDunhamNT/status/ ... 64320?s=20

AFC Rushden & Diamonds boss Andy Peaks saw his team thrashed 8-2 at home by Bromsgrove Sporting
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Jon Dunham's post match interview with Andy Peaks - "Peaks: It was nowhere near good enough"

https://twitter.com/JonDunhamNT/status/ ... 83456?s=20

Andy Peaks
The Godfather
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by The Godfather »

rdusher wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:36 am
TheIncognitoKid wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:04 am

Agreed.

Strange place to boast
Agreed. I hope the Club ban this person for life.
"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."