[ Sat 12th Oct ] v Coalville Town, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
gibston
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 44 times

Re: [ Sat 12th Oct ] v Coalville Town, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

Post by gibston »

But I thought yesterday they passed the ball and thier movement was up thier with the best I've see upto now especially going forward
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

I think most people would be ok with mid table if the team is having a go and playing to its fullest potential. To not even threaten the gial, let alone have a shot id very frustrating for all to see. Our top scorers with roughly 13 games played all competitions, are two of our centre half with 3. It just doesn't look like that will change or Improve any time soon
gibston
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 44 times

Post by gibston »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:37 pm I think most people would be ok with mid table if the team is having a go and playing to its fullest potential. To not even threaten the gial, let alone have a shot id very frustrating for all to see. Our top scorers with roughly 13 games played all competitions, are two of our centre half with 3. It just doesn't look like that will change or Improve any time soon

Get what your saying to a point ! But would everyone be happy with mid table finish & loads of shots on goal ??

I honestly believe with all players available for selection & paying alittle more for a proven frontman we wont be far away from competing & be ok to watch. But currently have lads playing up a few levels (which most have done well) & fair few young lads... Its only my opinion which counts for nothing.and being realistic.
FOOTYMAN
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by FOOTYMAN »

I didn't think the performance was too had, until the two goals were scored, which was a double whammy. There was no way, by keeping the team as it was, at that stage, that we would make chances to get back into the game. Some guy next to us, was just moaning and moaning about how little the management urge the team on. He was right, but, there is also a capable team of players who can, and should, be able to compete with teams like Coalville, or at least, raise the level, when they're up against it. Decent for the first 45 minutes, a ten minute spell undid us and then it was all downhill. We need a regular starting lineup to establish a pattern of play, otherwise, negative play and negative results will affect the attendances.
COYD
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 87 times

Post by Dazzler »

Highlights from Coalville..

Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

I thought I'd stumbled upon an archive of Poppynet when reading this thread! We have had blips before, and a few people panicked then, but I don't think too many fans think we ought to be ahead of where we are now. We had a long discussion on this forum earlier in the season about where we see the club going, and the general concensus seemed to be that this level was about right.

I know some fans like to be continually ambitious, and with each promotion they will look to win the league above - maybe they would only reduce these aspirations when their team wins the champions league.

We've had a lot of success with the new club, and the second half performance against Bromsgrove was clearly the worst we've seen - but the club took action - two new players and a change of keeper, and surely those changes need more than a poor second half against Coalville before they are written off.
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

Typical Football Forum

Win a dozen games and the Forum is quite as a mouse, no praise except form the usual few suspects and 2 pages of comments if your lucky , then loose a couple of games then the Forum is suddenly populated and its sack the manager and five pages or more of comments.

It would be nice to have the pick of good players but we have a limited pool of players within our local area, if you want good players out of Area then you have to pay up to get them to travel or the option of trying to get players from a higher level then again you have to pay up to tempt them to play for you, i'm afraid our team name means very little to players at this level now.

This season will be more difficult than last as the new shiny higher league enthusiasm has worn off within the Squad and that is fairly normal within football, i have seen it many times that teams that get promoted set the new league on fire only to slip backwards in subsequent years.

This season is one of settling down and finding the true level within our budgets, for some of our fans that may mean a season of frustration.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I'm not sure that I buy in to the seemingly widely-held belief that Paul Lamb leaving is the reason for our current predicament. He was still involved last season when towards the end we couldn't buy a win, or a goal!
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by davealbon »

BartonRaz wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:08 am I'm not sure that I buy in to the seemingly widely-held belief that Paul Lamb leaving is the reason for our current predicament. He was still involved last season when towards the end we couldn't buy a win, or a goal!
I don't think the lack of creativity could be attributed to Lamby's departure, but maybe the lack of belief and fight that's been exhibited in the last couple of games could be.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 87 times

Post by Dazzler »

Highlights and Interviews from our defeat to @CoalvilleTownFC