[ Sat 19th Oct ] v Rushall Olympic, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Re: [ Sat 19th Oct ] v Rushall Olympic, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

Post by Dazzler »

Post match interviews...

BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 140 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Certainly a much better performance than the previous 3 and a point was fair, although we should really have nicked it. An entertaining game in general with both teams looking dangerous throughout. Playing Roberts alongside Dove showed the value in having an alternative type of striker involved. I thought he looked very bright and could have done with a bit more protection from the referee.

Things don't get any easier with 2nd placed Banbury up next - twice! But after that, we'll have played every team within the current Top 6 already.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
rdusher
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 56 times

Post by rdusher »

Dazzler wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:51 pm Post match interviews...
That's a fair interview from Peaksy. I'm glad he's acknowledged the frustration of some of us over the past few games, the silence on the subject after the Tamworth game was disappointing. I think he's handled it a bit better than Biffa did on Twitter.

Anyway, decent point, order restored, and I'm pretty sure we'll win the league now :hehe:
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

I’ll try and fill a bit of page space up as it appears decent performances are not discussed. I was very happy with Saturday’s performance but then I wasn’t looking for wholesale changes after some of the other recent ones. Bromsgrove was a freak day, one red that was hardly a yellow and a second that was so unnecessary and avoidable, with 9 men I’d have taken 5-2 the disappointing bit was the attitude in the last 10 minutes, that I’m sure has been discussed in detail so we move on.
Coleville I know some didn’t like the way we set up but for me playing a good side off the back of a record defeat a boring 0-0 would have been acceptable, we were missing both fullbacks and both 1st choice central defenders have recently returned from time out injured so a very defensive 1 up front set up was logical and for me correct. A fluke opening goal following a dubious disallowed one for us didn’t help the cause and the rest was fairly inevitable. Tamworth I missed but from the radio it sounded like they were a very good side, we should have taken the lead they go up the other end and score and from then on it’s a back foot uphill struggle and from many accounts we were not that bad against another very good side.
However come Saturday a big improvement, yes a defensive set up but it was clean the intent was there to get people forward out wide when possible. Roberts give a fairy free role behind Dove certainly had plenty of pluses and not only did we look relatively solid but also played some decent football. Not sure how long we’ll have Morgan for but he certainly has the makings of a decent footballer, also like his honesty for a young lad he was quick to notice the irony of being given MOTM on a day when as he said, he probably should have scored near the end and could have been a bit more alert to the runner from the short corner resulting in their goal.
Tonight will be another very tough game, one we could loose but if the football, effort and commitment is on a par with Saturday it probably won’t be the end of the world and the sun will again rise on Wednesday morning.
By Saturday we would have played 7 games against the top six sides in our league mostly with a below strength side, yes we’ve had a couple of poor performances but unfortunately that’s football it happens at every level, signs were good Saturday so hopefully a bit more improvement tonight.