How to increase the playing budget?!

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Re: How to increase the playing budget?!

Post by sussexdiamond »

If you are a member and have not already done so, may I suggest you go to the members forum and read the very comprehensive comments that have been posted there. Of course if you are not a member then please seriously think about becoming one.
Diamond_ Wolf
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Diamond_ Wolf »

sussexdiamond wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:02 pm If you are a member and have not already done so, may I suggest you go to the members forum and read the very comprehensive comments that have been posted there. Of course if you are not a member then please seriously think about becoming one.
Thanks for letting me know. Yes I am a member although haven’t been on the members forum for ages, I’ll try and remember my log in!!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds member- 56
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Diamond_ Wolf wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:35 am UPDATE....

I’ve recently had a conversation with a board member and we’ve discussed the possibility of running something similar to a 100 club e.g people paying a £1 a week for 1 ticket and splitting the money raised between prize money and funds towards the playing budget. Do people feel this is a better idea than just trying to raise funds by fans donating on a regular basis?

The most obvious advantage to doing a prize draw is that a lot more people may be tempted to get involved thus potentially raising more for the squad!

Any thoughts or feedback would be very helpful!?
I would get behind something like this, and know others would do the same. The 100 Club idea is more likely to attract interest that a straight up monthly donation in my opinion, so I'd be more than happy with that.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291