[ Tue 22nd Oct ] v Banbury Utd, KO 7:45pm SLCP HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

[ Tue 22nd Oct ] v Banbury Utd, KO 7:45pm SLCP HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Re: [ Tue 22nd Oct ] v Banbury Utd, KO 7:45pm SLCP HOME

Post by Pigman »

I’m really looking forward to this one, it could be a turning point in the season! Saturday steadied the ship and built confidence - tomorrow let’s build on that point earned!

I’ve got my grandson staying with me this week and he’s so excited to be coming to the match! He’ll be proudly wearing his new shirt - great that a lad from deepest Norfolk is growing up a Diamonds fan !! :yes:
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Dbsl
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by Dbsl »

Well that makes two from Norfolk. My 6 yr old grandson proudly wore his Diamonds shirt while crabing off Cromer pier on Sunday. He is hoping to be at the game on Saturday.

I have missed the last two games so looking forward to tonight and a positive performance
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Jon Dunham speaks to Andy Peaks ahead of the match

https://twitter.com/JonDunhamNT/status/ ... 87617?s=20

The AFC Rushden & Diamonds players celebrate Liam Dolman's goal during the 1-1 draw at Rushall Olympic on Saturday. Picture courtesy of HawkinsImages
Harry Flashman

Post by Harry Flashman »

Well the lads have found their mojo again. What a good side Banbury looked first half. Fast accurate passing and pace. But our goals came at the right time and second half we defended strongly and deserved the three points. At times in the first half our attack looked the part and again the future looks bright. Well done lads.
paulg

Post by paulg »

Great performance and effort all over the pitch. We looked lively and creative in the final third during the first half and defended excellently during the second. Banbury were in very strong form going into this one and genuinely struggled to contain us and break us down.

Well done to the lads - and to Peaksy for shrugging off the deluge of criticism that’s been slung at him and getting on with the job and working hard to get us back on track. With our modest playing budget there will always be blips, especially when we play the top teams - but calm heads and a bit of focus can turn it around.
rossco
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by rossco »

Great to see a win on the board and a good performance by the sounds of it? Did Macleod look good and what we need?
Looking forward to getting down to Hayden road Saturday and hopefully get a good cup run going
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Post Match Interview

Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Jon Dunham's Report

https://twitter.com/JonDunhamNT/status/ ... 95648?s=20

VERDICT: Relief and delight as @AFCRD picked up a much-needed win in an excellent encounter with
@BanburyUnitedFC. My full match report from Hayden Road.

Northampton Town loanee Morgan Roberts scored what proved to be the winner in AFC Rushden & Diamonds' 2-1 win over Banbury United at Hayden Road
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

rossco wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:03 am Great to see a win on the board and a good performance by the sounds of it? Did Macleod look good and what we need?
Looking forward to getting down to Hayden road Saturday and hopefully get a good cup run going
Yes MacLeod did look good and will be a perfect fit with a target Man, he and Dove worked very well together especially given they possibly only met on the night though that partnership may not be together on Saturday as Ryan took a right hefty clout in the ribs from a pair of goalkeepers knees (in a perfectly fair challenge I would add) but if he has sustained enough damage to keep him out hopefully Shanks will be back to fill that roll.
All round a very good team performance and I would say the first 45 minutes was probably the best seen at Hayden Road this season, may have been a little less stressful if we had gone in at halftime 3-1 up but a solid defensive second half saw the game out. Peaksy summed it up very well in the post match interview and we certainly do need to reduce the number of crosses they get in on Saturday.
Only possible change for the weekend and it would be harsh on him but maybe rest Hughes and play a back 4 just to allow us 1 extra body in midfield as we were a bit overrun in that area for much of the game, though a slight rearrangement of shape could solve the potential problem.
Was a strange mixture from Banbury as good football and physicality don't always go hand in hand but they certainly managed to combine the two, they did play some very nice football for much of the game but I was surprised by how physical they were, 5 can have no issues with his red though he was right and made no contact, not through anything he did though more our player taking evasive action to avoid being clattered again. Jack W again though he did complain (along with many of his team mates) could have no complaints about his yellow and given the speed he went in at some may have seen it as another colour and the one over by the old stand on Zac for which the Ref gave nothing for me that was the worst one of the evening and far worse than what Zac himself was sent off for 2 weeks ago, one main difference Zac tried to hurdle the challenge and then got up and played on completely forgetting to roll around clutching his uninjured leg (something to work on in training possibly to maintain parity with others in the league)