[ Sat 26th Oct ] v Banbury Utd, KO 3:00pm FAT1QR HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

[ Sat 26th Oct ] v Banbury Utd, KO 3:00pm FAT1QR HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Dazzler
The Staff

Re: [ Sat 26th Oct ] v Banbury Utd, KO 3:00pm FAT1QR HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Jon Dunham's preview

https://twitter.com/JonDunhamNT/status/ ... 7589888001

Jordan Macleod in action during his debut for AFC Rushden & Diamonds as he scored the opening goal in their 2-1 win over Banbury United. The two teams meet again in the FA Trophy at Hayden Road this weekend. Picture courtesy of HawkinsImages
rossco
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by rossco »

With no pitch inspection, I’m guessing it’s a lot drier there than it is in Birmingham this morning! Looking forward to making the journey for this one!
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

rossco wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:12 am With no pitch inspection, I’m guessing it’s a lot drier there than it is in Birmingham this morning! Looking forward to making the journey for this one!
It’s wet. I’m not sure what remedial work has been done on the pitch but it seems to cope a lot better with rain these days. A drop of rain would see games called off a couple of seasons ago.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

Well don’t know about others but I enjoyed that, Tuesday we hung on for a 2-1 win, today we hammered them 0-0 still that’s football. Given the conditions there was some decent football played though I’m still struggling to work out how we didn’t win, I guess at the end of the day we can’t blame anyone other than Peaksy. He got the team right, the formation right, the tactics right, but failed miserably to control an inept referee and his most helpful assistant Eddie (Banbury’s No 4)
If a bigger bunch of moaners / would be officials are in our league then I’ve missed them, sorry Banbury I like you as a Club but watching your Moaning antics for 180 minutes is about enough for me and I may not bother Tuesday.
rossco
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by rossco »

Decent performance considering the conditions. Not convinced about the formation, seem to lacking width when we attack, Morgan and Ben when he came on weren’t as effective in my opinion, and small midfield is a bit ineffective (but saying that Hicks played very well today!)
Agree that Banbury’s constant moaning and arguing was annoying me by the end as well, and how we didn’t get the ball in the net second half I’m not too sure!!
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Brownie wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:56 pm Well don’t know about others but I enjoyed that, Tuesday we hung on for a 2-1 win, today we hammered them 0-0 still that’s football. Given the conditions there was some decent football played though I’m still struggling to work out how we didn’t win, I guess at the end of the day we can’t blame anyone other than Peaksy. He got the team right, the formation right, the tactics right, but failed miserably to control an inept referee and his most helpful assistant Eddie (Banbury’s No 4)
If a bigger bunch of moaners / would be officials are in our league then I’ve missed them, sorry Banbury I like you as a Club but watching your Moaning antics for 180 minutes is about enough for me and I may not bother Tuesday.
Must be draining and so stressful for their number 5 as well. Didn't stop moaning on Tuesday or today and I'd imagine week in week out for that matter!
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I don't think 0-0 draws get much more entertaining than that. A cracking game of football and one which I felt we dominated, a lot more than we did on Tuesday, when ironically we won.

We should certainly have gone through on the day and the Banbury goal was living a charmed life to say the least. How their GK saved the header from Dolman midway through the second half I will never know.

No reason to fear anything on Tuesday night, although their talisman Ricky Johnson might be back involved having missed the past 2 games through injury.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Post Match Interviews
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Jon Dunham's Post Match interviews/report; "Peaks frustrated as Diamonds have to settle for a replay"

https://twitter.com/JonDunhamNT/status/ ... 16960?s=20

Andy Peaks