[ Sat 2nd Nov ] v Biggleswade Town, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

[ Sat 2nd Nov ] v Biggleswade Town, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

Post by Dazzler »

Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Re: [ Sat 2nd Nov ] v Biggleswade Town, KO 3pm SLCP AWAY

Post by Brownie »

Had enough already, step 3 football and NO F IN FOOD, absolute joke. The burger mans public liability insurance only covers up to 25 mph wind apparently🙄 in which case at least knock a hundred rolls up or something.
Also only 1 behind the bar as well though to be fair to her she’s doing a blinding job on her own.
I’m hungry and can’t get fed which means I’m f in grumpy we had better win after that sh t from the egg chasers this morning.
rossco
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by rossco »

Brownie wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:50 pm Had enough already, step 3 football and NO F IN FOOD, absolute joke. The burger mans public liability insurance only covers up to 25 mph wind apparently🙄 in which case at least knock a hundred rolls up or something.
Also only 1 behind the bar as well though to be fair to her she’s doing a blinding job on her own.
I’m hungry and can’t get fed which means I’m f in grumpy we had better win after that sh t from the egg chasers this morning.
Oh dear.... glad I’m not there in some ways then! No food, losing and Brownie in a sh*t mood!
Brownie

Post by Brownie »

rossco wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:54 pm
Brownie wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:50 pm Had enough already, step 3 football and NO F IN FOOD, absolute joke. The burger mans public liability insurance only covers up to 25 mph wind apparently🙄 in which case at least knock a hundred rolls up or something.

Oh dear.... glad I’m not there in some ways then! No food, losing and Brownie in a sh*t mood!
It’s half time and as you can imagine I’m in an even worse mood now🤬
No football and no f in food, can’t even get Bully’s Dad a tea as apparently that’s to much to ask as well.
Brownie

Re: [ Sat 2nd Nov ] v Biggleswade Town, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

Post by Brownie »

Well at least we won the 2nd half🙄 not good and well beaten with a few having stinkers, Biggleswade fully deserved the 3 points. Looking forward to watching their No 10 when he officially starts to Referee games, what a prat, put him with a couple at Banbury and you’ve got a team of officials. Over the years been to lots of nice places and a few not so good, however well done the Waders for being the premier shit place to visit, no hot drinks, no hot food and no fans, presume our players are now being given a packet of crisps each as post match food.
rossco

Post by rossco »

Sounds like going to 4-4-2 with Ben on changed the game a bit again? If so is it worth abandoning the 5-3-2 now?
Sounds like a crap day all round so for once not too disappointed to miss out!
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

The first half was an absolute shambles and we were resoundingly played off the park. We were lucky it wasn't 5 or 6 at half-time, but the game was gone regardless. Second half was the total opposite and we were largely on top throughout, limiting the Waders to a handful of long-range efforts.

Given in the past 2 matches there's been a marked improvement in the second half after a formation change, there's probably a decision for Peaksy to make about how we approach games in the first instance. I have to say that other than a formation change, Ben Acquaye coming off the bench has also occured in both instances. When he was initially dropped I had assumed he was being given a rest, but as this has gone on for a few weeks now I'm guessing it's more than that. He may be 19, but he's been out best player this season by a distance in my opinion and currently he's sitting the first half of games out for some reason.

As if visiting one of the worst Step 3 grounds in the country in the pouring rain wasn't bad enough, the food/drink situation was a farce. I'd be interested to know if that is a requirement at this level from the FA.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

I think we need an explanation about why Ben Acquaye isn’t starting, and why the back 5 experiment continues. Imagine trekking all the way up to South Shields to witness that sort of performance - and you have to include the performance of the management team, who seemed to spend most of the first half sheltering from the rain (Tom Chapman excepted), yet still managed to wind up the referee. The horse had well and truly bolted by the time changes were made to both formation and personnel. How long did it take for the management team to realise that the Biggleswade #5 was going to win every high ball, so it was time to try running at the home defence? Ben Acquaye can make a difference in that respect - and I think Slinn and Akubuine did enough to earn a start for the next game.
Pigman
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 30 times

Re: [ Sat 2nd Nov ] v Biggleswade Town, KO 3pm SLPDC A

Post by Pigman »

Not a match or performance to live long in the memory was it - Biggleswade weren’t even that good, but didn’t need to be sadly. We’re a real Jekyll and Hyde side at the moment aren’t we. Play like that next week and it will be a long trip for nothing.

I’m not going to harp on about systems and set ups because it’s players who make it work and they didn’t do that, but we do seem to have a better balance when 4-4-2 and we all know what the back 4 selection should be.

Midfield is where a lot of our problems lay, there is a tremendous amount of hard work and effort but no real quality, it was never as evident as yesterday! The supply to the front men just wasn’t there. I thought we came alive when we reverted to 4 at the back and Ben, when he came on, looked really dangerous again - he’s earned a starting position, he looked really bright.

Better second half but the damage was done in the first!

Just a horrible afternoon really, I went home cold, wet, frustrated and bloody hungry - no hot food at a football match just isn’t natural, I’d worked in the morning so didn’t have time for food so arrived expecting to get fed - not even filled rolls. No excuse, poor customer service and a lost opportunity to make some money - poor show Biggleswade!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
rossco

Post by rossco »

Just seen the interviews and always seems that Peaksy is reluctant to take the blame ever, I wasn’t there yesterday but surely can’t just put 3-0 at HT down to individual poor performances and not look at set up/personnel?