[ Sat 9th Nov ] v South Shields FC, KO 3pm FAT2Q AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

[ Sat 9th Nov ] v South Shields FC, KO 3pm FAT2Q AWAY

Post by Dazzler »

Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

Re: [ Sat 9th Nov ] v South Shields FC, KO 3pm FAT2Q AWAY

Post by Dazzler »

Don't forget about the Fans Coach - let the club know if you are interested.

http://www.afcdiamonds.com/coach-to-sou ... t-required
Pigman
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by Pigman »

Even on the back of a poor performance I’m gutted to be missing this one next week - unavoidable sadly.

I see they lost yesterday 0-1 and if you look on Twitter their fans are moaning more than us :cheesy:

Next week is a free hit for us, we can go knowing no one expects us to win, so be positive and have a go is what I say. If we crash and burn so be it, but let’s do so having given them a match and with our heads held high!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Pigman wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:50 am I see they lost yesterday 0-1 and if you look on Twitter their fans are moaning more than us :cheesy:
They were previously held 1-1 at home in a league fixture to a mid table Grantham Town side who themselves were thrashed 7-0 in their previous fixture. It’s a funny old game as somebody famously said so there’s no reason why we can’t go there and get a result if we approach it in a pragmatic fashion.
rossco
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by rossco »

Can’t wait till Saturday, that away day at Ashington was one of the most memorable supporting the club so hopefully this one will be the same!
Hopefully we turn up and put in a performance, I’m sure we will.
I’ll be driving up from Birmingham if anyone else is in West Mids area and wants to split petrol money
Steve1971

Post by Steve1971 »

Fingers crossed the young Ben Acquaye will be starting
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Let's hope we can regroup after the poor performance of last weekend. I assume the team are having an overnight stay given the distance involved.

It really reminds me of the time with the old club where we made the epic trips to Carlisle, Plymouth, Gateshead or Workington. Each of those long trips also brings back memories of the nervous checks of the weather forecasts, hoping that pre-booked train tickets wouldn't be wasted with a late postponement. I have that same feeling for this game - at least it will mean a day trip to Newcastle on the train if the game is postponed.

We had a few long trips that came to nothing in the R&DFC days - Macclesfield, Bury, Salisbury (twice in a season), Leatherhead, Grimsby, Grays, Mansfield etc, but the one that still annoys me the most was that trip to Oxford over the festive period, where the game was called off due to a frozen pitch despite balmy temperatures that afternoon.
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

Formic wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:45 pm Let's hope we can regroup after the poor performance of last weekend. I assume the team are having an overnight stay given the distance involved.
Traveling up on the morning I believe.
rossco
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by rossco »

Early start for the players then, surprised there's no overnight stay like there was at Ashington 7(!) year ago.
Can't wait for tomorrow, see the Angel of the North, lunch at the seaside then a game of football! Perfect day.
Re-watched the highlights from that Ashington trip last night and remembered how proud I was of the players that day, hopefully we'll turn in a performance like that again albeit with a different result
supersub

Post by supersub »

All the best lads. COYD :harhar: