Sam Johnson

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Harry Flashman

Sam Johnson

Post by Harry Flashman »

Tweeted he is leaving club. Assumed Sam was missing due to injury but maybe not. I liked his pace and energy and disappointed in his lack of opportunities this season. Thought he would have combined well with Zac on right side. Good luck to him hope he finds a start.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Re: Sam Johnson

Post by BartonRaz »

Perhaps there were reasons behind the scenes for his lack of game time but I can't deny i'm disappointed at this as I thought he was more than capable of being in and around our starting XI.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

He’s a full time University student so may have had difficulties in attending training sessions. I felt he was very useful and always looked as if there was a goal in him. Looks like we are now a bit short up front as Nat Gosnal-Tyler was playing for Rushden & Higham last Saturday. No official news from the Club if this is a dual registration for a bit of game time or if he’s actually departed.
Pressman

Post by Pressman »

I'm sorry to see Sam go as he was a real impact player. However, Kempston's gain is our loss.

From what I've heard on the grapevine, he didn't make himself available for certain matches & only attended 25% of training sessions. This, undoubtedly, didn't help Sam's quest for a regular starting role.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Sam only recently passed his driving test so buying cars and paying for the exorbitant insurance premium for new drivers was more than he could afford as a full time student.
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

Trek wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:13 pm Sam only recently passed his driving test so buying cars and paying for the exorbitant insurance premium for new drivers was more than he could afford as a full time student.
Don’t think as a club we have changed where we play or train since he joined so I presume he signed fully aware of the possible problems, doesn’t help with few other players in the squad living in the Bedford area so limited options for help with traveling. He’s a nice lad and a decent footballer I’m sure he’ll do well, hopefully we may see him again in the future but all the best to him till then.