Favourite/Best AFC R&D XI

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Re: Favourite/Best AFC R&D XI

Post by sussexdiamond »

Brownie wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:51 pm Not easy this and made harder given some of our best wide players didn’t score enough and couldn’t cross a ball. So there has to be an argument for Gearing or Rogers in there if we are comprising a team.
I’ll start with my worst as a little easier.
Shorunmu
Wilkinson Gillingwater McDonald(C) Lee

McNulty Dent Stevenson Liburd

Okechukwu Boateng
Bench
Parsons, Brown-Hill, Cross, Ling, Liversedge, Orasz, Gilsenan.

Gilly was a genuine utility player who would make the above team in any position except Goalkeeper,
You obviously didn't see him perform heroics at AFC Wulfrinians in the FA Vase when Tom Cross was delayed getting to game. Or Quincy at Sileby.

Personally I think the idea of a Worst X! is unfair to a lot of guys who did their best for the club in the early days and quite hurtful as many of them are still playing locally and do come to games as supporters of the club.
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

sussexdiamond wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:50 pm
Brownie wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:51 pm Not easy this and made harder given some of our best wide players didn’t score enough and couldn’t cross a ball. So there has to be an argument for Gearing or Rogers in there if we are comprising a team.
I’ll start with my worst as a little easier.
Shorunmu
Wilkinson Gillingwater McDonald(C) Lee

McNulty Dent Stevenson Liburd

Okechukwu Boateng
Bench
Parsons, Brown-Hill, Cross, Ling, Liversedge, Orasz, Gilsenan.

Gilly was a genuine utility player who would make the above team in any position except Goalkeeper,
You obviously didn't see him perform heroics at AFC Wulfrinians in the FA Vase when Tom Cross was delayed getting to game. Or Quincy at Sileby.

Personally I think the idea of a Worst X! is unfair to a lot of guys who did their best for the club in the early days and quite hurtful as many of them are still playing locally and do come to games as supporters of the club.
No I was at both which is the exact reason I said “Gilly was a genuine utility player who would make the above team in any position EXCEPT GOALKEEPER”
Quincy was a lovely lad and great fun but let’s be honest if he didn’t dislocate his shoulder, throw it in his own net or let it through his hands he probably wasn’t playing. The Sileby game he was awesome but still managed a couple of major f. Ups. Of all the keepers we’ve had in my opinion excluding a couple of kids who probably didn’t play enough game he was the worst, and I do believe that was the criteria of team selection. I don’t think many will be mortally wounded or loosing sleep over selecting in fact may wear it as a badge of honour having got a mention in any side. It is after all a matter of opinion, Barton Raz who it appears from years on this forum I share a similar view on many things had Tommy B in his worst team and I’ve got him in my best, now wouldn’t Gilly & Quincy have loved to play with him.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

sussexdiamond wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:50 pm Personally I think the idea of a Worst X! is unfair to a lot of guys who did their best for the club in the early days and quite hurtful as many of them are still playing locally and do come to games as supporters of the club.
:cheesy: Lighten up SD. I haven't seen Greg Ling at many of our games lately.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291