[ Tue 19th Nov ] v Brackley Town, KO 7:45pm HSCQF HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

[ Tue 19th Nov ] v Brackley Town, KO 7:45pm HSCQF HOME

Post by Dazzler »

sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Re: [ Tue 19th Nov ] v Brackley Town, KO 7:45pm HSCQF HOME

Post by sussexdiamond »

A chance to put these cheats in their place, although I expect them to field a strong team this time with no ineligible players.

Other ties:
Peterborough Sports v Rothwell
Daventry v Desborough
Welly v Ploppies.

Should we get through some tough opponents likely
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 87 times

Post by Dazzler »

Highlights & Interviews from Tuesday's defeat to @BrackleyTownFC

Specutator

Post by Specutator »

I don't think they cheated. They told the NFA who they were going to play. It wasn't their strongest side or they would have thrashed us on the night.

Look in the record books and see who's name is on the trophy !!!
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Specutator wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:08 pm I don't think they cheated. They told the NFA who they were going to play. It wasn't their strongest side or they would have thrashed us on the night.

Look in the record books and see who's name is on the trophy !!!
Of course they cheated. They played ineligible players. The chose to play players who were not qualified to play in this competition . They should have registered enough players to cover themselves. They fielded a stronger team than they were entitled too, so AFC may well have won over the 120 minutes. Just telling the NFA beforehand was no excuse.
If Brackleys name is inscribed on the trophy I would presume that it will be deleted at some point and the correct winners name added..
Pigman
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by Pigman »

Of course they cheated - they fielded ineligible players and did so knowingly and not caring a jot! Just because they declared their intention to break the rules of the competition just showed utter contempt and arrogance frankly.

The biggest joke was NFA though who showed themselves to be totally amateurish from the start - no turnstile open, just two old guys sat at a table in the bar throwing gate money into a bucket says it all.

To present a trophy with all the pomp and ceremony the way they did was a joke, when they knew they would be taking it back anyway! That was almost as big a joke as the food they laid on for the players after the match! The evening was a shambles frankly! In all honesty I was surprised to see they were allowed to enter the competition this year after that, but then again having seen the way the final was organised last year, maybe I shouldn’t be!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51