[ Sat 30th Nov ] v Stourbridge, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
rossco
Been Liked: 2 times

Re: [ Sat 30th Nov ] v Stourbridge, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

Post by rossco »

Gutted I couldn’t make it today, at a wedding in Wellingborough.. tried to sneak out for a couple of hours but other half put a stop to that :thumbdown:
3 wins in 3 and strikers scoring... keep the run going over Christmas and things will be looking good
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

One of those games that only comes along 2 or 3 times a season. It wasn't a complete performance as the first half was turgid, but fair play to the Management because we came out for the second half a completely different side. We were really excellent after the break and the last 45 minutes were brilliantly entertaining. A great result ultimately and it was great that our Norwegian Fan Club were able to see a game like that! What a goal by Ben Acquaye too - it was past the 'keeper before he'd seen it!

Lots of excellent perfomances today but Patrick Casey deserves a massive pat on the back. I was really concerned to see that Dolman was out of the side and for Casey to come in and perform like that was great to see.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

BartonRaz wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:41 pm One of those games that only comes along 2 or 3 times a season. It wasn't a complete performance as the first half was turgid, but fair play to the Management because we came out for the second half a completely different side. We were really excellent after the break and the last 45 minutes were brilliantly entertaining. A great result ultimately and it was great that our Norwegian Fan Club were able to see a game like that! What a goal by Ben Acquaye too - it was past the 'keeper before he'd seen it!

Lots of excellent perfomances today but Patrick Casey deserves a massive pat on the back. I was really concerned to see that Dolman was out of the side and for Casey to come in and perform like that was great to see.
I totally agree. I was worried about the outcome when I saw we were missing Liam Dolman, but it was a bit like the game at Leiston last season, when an unfamiliar backfour performed so well. Moving Tom Lorraine into a more central midfield role in the second half made a real difference, as both he and Ben Acquaye were pretty ineffective in the first half, but made a real difference in the second.

We have had quite a few games now where we've been transformed in the second half - going back to the Moneyfields home game.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

BartonRaz wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:41 pm A great result ultimately and it was great that our Norwegian Fan Club were able to see a game like that!
Listening to the interview I think those two lads were too young to have been part of the previous Fan Club visit when a party were in attendance at a Friday night fixture in March 2004 at Ashton Gate against Bristol City and then present to see a Barry Hunter managed victory the following Tuesday against Notts County at Nene Park prior to our relegation from Division 2 that season.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

Post by Dazzler »

Highlights and interviews...

Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

Was the first half that bad?? Some of the balls we played in the 2nd half (40/50 yard) over the top into channels for the front players were almost impossible to play in the 1st half, ever tried playing a 40 yard pass up hill from a muddy pudding. Playing Shanks out wide gave us an outlet. After all on that pitch (hopefully Pants will recover soon and be able to do something more than paint lines as I presume he’s been ill for the past 3 weeks) being 0-0 or even 0-1 at half time is totally acceptable against a very good side going up hill.
Sure no doubt things were said at half time but to be fair to the players the effort they put in during the first 45 minutes got them into a position to go on and win the game in the second.
Given the conditions and 2 key personnel missing at the back for me yesterday was one of our best performances of the season, and it would be hard for anyone to argue we didn’t deserve all 3 points. A comment was made at half time their keeper hadn’t made a safe, my reply was neither had Ben. Their 2nd goal was a result of someone going to sleep and allowed the big fella a free header other than that Ben had a comfortable 2nd half whereas Wren for them pulled off 2 fantastic saves and kept a pen out, guess that’s what you pay 10k for.
A well deserved hard fought win against a very good big budget team, see you all Tuesday.