[ Sat 4th Jan ] v Barwell FC, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
FOOTYMAN
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 1 time

Re: [ Sat 4th Jan ] v Barwell FC, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

Post by FOOTYMAN »

This was one of the best games l have been to at Hayden Road. Excellent performance and full-on entertainment.
Great teamwork and playing for each other. 3 points.
COYD
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Highlights

BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 140 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Took us 10-15 minutes to get going, but after that a good performance on a really tough pitch, and a great result. The squad is certainly looking a lot stronger these days and as proven against Bromsgrove and Stourbridge recently, we can be a match for anyone at the moment.

I’ve never seen Hickey look as poor as he did on Saturday which is credit to the young lads in the middle alongside Hicks, who are all very effective in their own way.

On another note, and this isn’t a moan at all, more of a question really. The quality of the highlights has gone downhill a fair bit in terms of the quality of the picture and it’s not great viewing. If we’re going to the trouble of recording matches, is there a reason we’re doing it with this sort of equipment and not using the stuff we used to use?
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

I can answer the highlights question.

Previously we have used a standard camera which needed a camera person to operate it during the games, and then it needed editing into highlights afterwards. Having filmed it for 8 years with a number of volunteers, this season it looked like we would be without the same level of volunteer help, we looked at other options. Someone at the club was able to get a Veo system which can film the game without a camera person.Admittedly the quality is not as good and it still needs time consuming editing afterwards it allows us to cover other media outputs such as twitter and Instagram and sometimes I also get to watch a match which has been fantastic.
We still have the old system and if someone wanted to take it on they would be more than welcome to do so.
AFC R&D Member No. 67
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 140 times

Post by BartonRaz »

bozzer wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:29 am I can answer the highlights question.

Previously we have used a standard camera which needed a camera person to operate it during the games, and then it needed editing into highlights afterwards. Having filmed it for 8 years with a number of volunteers, this season it looked like we would be without the same level of volunteer help, we looked at other options. Someone at the club was able to get a Veo system which can film the game without a camera person.Admittedly the quality is not as good and it still needs time consuming editing afterwards it allows us to cover other media outputs such as twitter and Instagram and sometimes I also get to watch a match which has been fantastic.
We still have the old system and if someone wanted to take it on they would be more than welcome to do so.
Makes sense, thanks. Quite impressive that you can film a game like that without the need for a camera person!
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

It’s a great bit of technology, it has two cameras and follows the ball. I am sure as they develop it they will improve the quality of the image.
AFC R&D Member No. 67
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

bozzer wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:08 pm It’s a great bit of technology, it has two cameras and follows the ball. I am sure as they develop it they will improve the quality of the image.
Some clubs could do with signing it as we’ve all seen a few players this season who have struggled to follow the ball.