[ Sat 11th Jan ] v Leiston FC, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Re: [ Sat 11th Jan ] v Leiston FC, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

Post by Brownie »

rossco wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:30 pm 3 home games in a row now... 7 points from those and will be in a very promising position
Only 7 POINTS come on we’re Diamonds followers got to demand a minimum of 9 and a certain end of season playoff place.
The league this year is tight & interesting a 3 win run can work wonders and a bad month can see you drop like a stone. We started the season aiming at mid table but after the last 7 games I’m sure the expectations of many are now a little higher.
Pigman
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by Pigman »

I’m a great lover of the old sporting cliche of saying “let’s take one game at a time“ and see where we are at the end!

No doubt about it though, we’re demonstrating a competitive edge at the moment that can see us pick up points and project us at the table if we can keep it going.

Greg Kazibone’s signing has added to that expectation immensely - the sad news is we’ve only got him a month and even though he seems to be enjoying his football with us, I can’t see us matching his wages at Tamworth to extend that further, but boy do I hope I’m wrong!

I really enjoyed yesterday, and even at 2-1 we showed great enterprise to keep going right to the end.
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

End of season play off place Brownie? Bugger that I want us to win it :biggrin:
AFC R & D member number 34
Harry Flashman

Post by Harry Flashman »

Let’s enjoy the results as they come. Think of the play offs after the February fixtures are complete. Some tough return fixtures which will show where we truly sit in a play off bid.
Mind we could pick some points in next three weeks which will bring crowds into Hayden Road.