MATCH OFF [ Tue 14th Jan ] v Needham Mkt FC, KO 7:45pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

MATCH OFF [ Tue 14th Jan ] v Needham Mkt FC, KO 7:45pm SLPDC HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Pigman
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 30 times

Re: [ Tue 14th Jan ] v Needham Market FC, KO 7:45pm SLPDC HOME

Post by Pigman »

Looking at the weather forecast I’m thinking I may have a free evening tomorrow - not looking great is it?
8A9D85A1-EEBA-48F7-AD02-080AE2C0C303.png
8A9D85A1-EEBA-48F7-AD02-080AE2C0C303.png (532.53 KiB) Viewed 3424 times
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

Fingers crossed but forecast is grim, not only today but for a few days not impossible that we could loose all 3 home games over next week to this bloody weather last thing we need in our current form.
Feel sorry for Clubs and officials when it’s like this, Hitchin tried and got last nights game on Leiston make the long trip, delayed start due to traffic then match abandoned before halftime, 1st comment from the nice lady at Hitchin who allows us all an opinion on Southern league forum but reminds us we’re wrong should it differ from hers is “should never have been on in the first place” Stourbridge have a late afternoon downpour and ref calls it off early and 1st comment regarding that decision was he obviously doesn’t know our pitch and how well it drains if he’d have waited it would have been fine.
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

It would be a real shame for any of the three games to be postponed as they represent a good chance to get some points and really move us into the play off zone . Especially as we are playing so well at the moment. At the turn of the year I genuinely thought we could win all seven games in January!
From I personal view I returned to Northants last night specifically to attend these three home games, so will be very disappointed to have them postponed.
I know I have griped about this before, but why do the League insist on re arranging postponed matches within a certain number of weeks. Invariably January is a bad month for weather, plus Tuesday night attendances are often very poor. Both the NM and Hednesford games could easily be fitted into Feb or March.
Anyway fingers crossed for tonight, at the moment the sun is shinning and the wind is strong.
MarkH
The Staff
Been Liked: 12 times

Re: MATCH OFF - [ Tue 14th Jan ] v Needham Market FC, KO 7:45pm SLPDC HOME

Post by MarkH »

Tonights game against Needham Market has been called off due to a waterlogged pitch.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 1273
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Re: MATCH OFF - [ Tue 14th Jan ] v Needham Market FC, KO 7:45pm SLPDC HOME

Post by BartonRaz »

Rain forecast for the rest of this week also, so I would expect the Stratford game on Saturday to go a similar way.

Hednesford next Tuesday has got a chance if the forecast is accurate.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
train
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by train »

sussexdiamond wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:57 am It would be a real shame for any of the three games to be postponed as they represent a good chance to get some points and really move us into the play off zone . Especially as we are playing so well at the moment. At the turn of the year I genuinely thought we could win all seven games in January!
From I personal view I returned to Northants last night specifically to attend these three home games, so will be very disappointed to have them postponed.
I know I have griped about this before, but why do the League insist on re arranging postponed matches within a certain number of weeks. Invariably January is a bad month for weather, plus Tuesday night attendances are often very poor. Both the NM and Hednesford games could easily be fitted into Feb or March.
Anyway fingers crossed for tonight, at the moment the sun is shinning and the wind is strong.
sussexdiamond

I don't understand that as well, why the league insist on these league games being re arranged within a certain number of weeks, makes no sense to me, and befalls me, weather can be a right nonsense.

Needham Market and Royston matches both need rearranging.
StaceyH
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by StaceyH »

train wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:04 pm
Needham Market and Royston matches both need rearranging.
I’m absolutely certain that our Club Secretary knows this and is working on it. As stated elsewhere, once the new dates have been agreed, supporters will be advised and the fixture list updated.
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts