[ Tue 28th Jan ] v Needham Market, KO 7:45pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

[ Tue 28th Jan ] v Needham Market, KO 7:45pm SLPDC HOME

Post by Dazzler »

train
Has Liked: 2 times

Re: [ Tue 28th Jan ] v Needham Market, KO 7:45pm SLPDC HOME

Post by train »

We win on Tuesday we go 2nd or 3rd in the table, :biggrin:
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

train wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:34 pm We win on Tuesday we go 2nd or 3rd in the table, :biggrin:
We wont go second as Tamworth are playing Royston and whatever that result one of them will be above us, unless there is a massive GD change.

If game goes ahead it could be last game for Kaziboni. He has had 5 games and five wins.
Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 40 times

Post by Dowlo »

sussexdiamond wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:05 am

If game goes ahead it could be last game for Kaziboni. He has had 5 games and five wins.
I know it maybe down to Tamworth and finances dictating. However he does seem to have slotted into the side seamlessly and is enjoying is football which is clear to see from Hicksy's twitter post.

Do we think it would be possible to keep him with us until the end of the season? If I was him I would ask to stay, assuming if he does go back to Tamworth he'll be starting mostly on the bench?
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 87 times

Post by Dazzler »

Interviews following today’s defeat to @needhammktfc

Harry Flashman

Post by Harry Flashman »

Disappointing performance and result tonight with Needham showing they are a better side than league position suggests. Most of our players were off form tonight miss placing passes and looking well off the pace of the game. We had a couple of spells but couldn’t sustain any pressure. Needham had a number of tidy skilful footballers and coped well with heavy conditions showing better control and passing.
Important we bounce back and gain 3 points on Saturday which I am sure we will.
Let’s hope for a bigger crowd as these Tuesday nights are poorly attended which has to be a worry.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Harry Flashman wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:27 pm Let’s hope for a bigger crowd as these Tuesday nights are poorly attended which has to be a worry.
This isn’t something that’s particularly new nowadays and are unlikely to change. Even games at the Dog & Duck used to be approaching 200 down on a Tuesday night compared with a Saturday fixture. Not much we can do about it however and rearranged games on a cold Tuesday evening are a killer from a financial point of view.
discodunk
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by discodunk »

well that was awful ,,,20 min spell before half time was ok,,,,played probabley the smallest side in the league yet we hardly won any headers ,,,,,didn't understand jordans role/position? what was up with jacko tonight,,,bully looked lost tonight without him,,,,,,,and subs too late again ,,,dovey and nat should have been on earlier,,,,,,,,pitch was like a pudding,,,,and I was bloody cold,,,,,,im sure we will bounce back but that was a frustrating nights entertainment
ps I thought the ref was alright :blush: :blush:
AFC RUSHDEN AND DIAMONDS MEMBERSHIP NUMBER-54
Pigman
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by Pigman »

I think Peaksy hit the nail on the head with that assessment, a lacklustre performance, second half especially - we never seemed to really got going! One to draw a line under, forget and move on!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Full credit to Needham Market. A really gritty and determined defensive effort from them, both a performance and result which defied their league position. I think a few of us got carried away with some recent results, probably myself included, as yesterday is a reminder that unless you're on it from the first minute to the last in this league you can be beaten by anyone.

Half-time came at just the wrong time. They were really clinging on at that point and a goal then could have changed the way the second half panned out.

We really missed Ben Acquaye last night in my opinion, particularly his direct running and the fact he's almost always available to receive the ball. There was too many straight balls being hit up to the forwards yesterday and we weren't using the sides enough.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291