MATCH OFF [ Tue 11th Feb ] v Peterboro Sports, KO 7:45pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
rossco
Been Liked: 2 times

Re: MATCH OFF [ Tue 11th Feb ] v Peterboro Sports, KO 7:45pm SLPDC HOME

Post by rossco »

BartonRaz wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:37 pm Their Assistant Manager is accusing us of cheating on Twitter. :rofl:
Who are these 4 players out that they’re talking about??
Basil

Post by Basil »

rossco wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:14 pm Who are these 4 players out that they’re talking about??
Acquaye, McLeod, Kaziboni and the new guy Lopes from Oxford Utd

Considering 2 have left us and one isn’t eligible to play my maths says there’s only 1 unavailable
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No: 26
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

The Sports Twitter has seized another opportunity to make a point this afternoon - Brilliant effort from everyone at @NuneatonBoroFC to get the game on, amazing what can be achieved when 2 teams really want to play the fixture, despite the horrific weather forecast.
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

Formic wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:11 pm The Sports Twitter has seized another opportunity to make a point this afternoon - Brilliant effort from everyone at @NuneatonBoroFC to get the game on, amazing what can be achieved when 2 teams really want to play the fixture, despite the horrific weather forecast.
What would also be amazing if some people turned the power on to their brain before they started tapping on the keyboard. For a 3.00pm kick off on a Saturday volunteers are often available for up to 7 hours before kick off, possibly not the case for a 7.45pm midweek game. Maybe it's different for Sports if someone is chucking so much money at the Club all 50 if their supporters are on the pay roll.
Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 40 times

Post by Dowlo »

Brownie wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:46 am

What would also be amazing if some people turned the power on to their brain before they started tapping on the keyboard. For a 3.00pm kick off on a Saturday volunteers are often available for up to 7 hours before kick off, possibly not the case for a 7.45pm midweek game. Maybe it's different for Sports if someone is chucking so much money at the Club all 50 if their supporters are on the pay roll.

Their chairman also commented about Nuneaton's "warm welcome" and how they are a "traditional club". I didn't go to the away game, but from speaking to our fans that did I can only imagine he visited a different club in Nuneaton!

I don't know if there is a long term plan with our new friend at PSFC, but if they were to get into the National League North via the play-offs this season. I would imagine the ground improvements they'd need to make would bankrupt the club. Perhaps their 50 fans could have a whip round who knows.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Nuneaton Borough, would that be the same club that for no obvious reason segregated the fans and did not allow us to enter clubhouse? And that s not including an over zealous jobsworth steward. If they are "warm and welcoming" and "traditional" non league club heaven help us next time we go to K*ttering!!
rossco
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by rossco »

I thought the same about the ‘warm welcome’ at Nuneaton... definitely not the same club we went to. Least welcoming club I’ve visited since we’ve reformed (apart from K*ttering obviously!)
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Now if the corona virus ban extends to the rearrangement of this fixture, then we'll have a valid excuse to postpone this fixture. I like most other people will be glad of this because I think we're still scared to face them! :biggrin:
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:44 pm Now if the corona virus ban extends to the rearrangement of this fixture, then we'll have a valid excuse to postpone this fixture. I like most other people will be glad of this because I think we're still scared to face them! :biggrin:
It is quite possible we have to play this game in June, when we can postpone owing to the heat wave sweeping the country
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

sussexdiamond wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:21 pm
TheIncognitoKid wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:44 pm Now if the corona virus ban extends to the rearrangement of this fixture, then we'll have a valid excuse to postpone this fixture. I like most other people will be glad of this because I think we're still scared to face them! :biggrin:
It is quite possible we have to play this game in June, when we can postpone owing to the heat wave sweeping the country
Then it'll be too hot to play them and we'll have to postpone even further! :hehe: