How many points

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

How many points

Post by sussexdiamond »

… will we get from next five games. Peterboro S (h), Tamworth (h), Coalville (a), Rushall (h) and Royston(a).

5 of the toughest games imaginable.

I really don't expect us to get more than 6 points from these upcoming games. Even that represents 1 win and 3 draws or 2 wins and 3 defeats.
After our great run in January the last two games have been disappointing and very lack lustre, It s that most recent form that worries me.

I will be only too happy if I am proved wrong.

At least once we have got through that spell we than have our final 9 games and only one top team to play (Peterboro(a).
Easton Diamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Re: How many points

Post by Easton Diamond »

We’ve certainly got a monumental month ahead of us. There are no easy games at all during the run in if you ask me. The last three games also see us play Stourbridge away (certainly a team to watch) and Kings Langley at home (who if they keep up their current form, could be in the Play-Offs at the end of the season - six wins and two draws for them in 2020 thus far). Looks like it’s going to be nip and tuck all the way, with a host of teams fighting for that last Play-Off place!

Let’s back the lads to get the job done, starting with a humdinger on Tuesday weather permitting. Peterborough Sports are awesome going forward with players such as Dion Sembie-Ferris and Josh Moreman but can be equally suspect at the back. A huge challenge for us but really looking forward to it!
Harry Flashman

Post by Harry Flashman »

Billy Kee has signed for Coalville. Ex pro leading goal scorer who has had some rough times and has retired from professional game. Wish him well in his recovery but wish he had signed after they play us. Yes tough month ahead but the lads can grind out results against good sides so let’s be realistically optimistic. Let’s not forget teams around and above us will be dropping points against each other. Fifth place is still wide open.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Much will depend on if Liam Dolman is fit after he came off in the recent Redditch game.

Assuming he's fit I don't think 6/7 points from the next 5 is beyond us but i'd be surprised if we surpass that. The pitch at Hayden Road will be a leveller in the home games against Rushall, Peterborough Sports and Tamworth. Rushall and Tamworth in particular may struggle on it given they'll be used to playing on a 3G pitch every other week.

Can't see us getting anything at Coalville or Royston to be honest.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
rossco
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by rossco »

If we are serious about getting a play off spot (I don't know where Peaks' targets are or the clubs or honest fans targets!) then I think we can't lose more than 1 of these next 5 games.
Any more than that and we'll be playing catch up for the rest of the season. We'll see what happens... looking forward to a big test tomorrow night and Saturday!