[ Sat 22nd Feb ] v Coalville Town, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
rossco
Been Liked: 2 times

Re: [ Sat 22nd Feb ] v Coalville Town, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

Post by rossco »

Disappointing result today, draw would have been fair I think but that’s football. Again just lacking a bit of quality/confidence in the final third, but Lopes looked good and promising for his first game.
Less said about the ref the better.... anyone see what Jesse’s second yellow was for?
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

Post by Dazzler »

Jon Dunham's post match report

REACTION: It was ‘a tough one to take’ for boss Andy Peaks after @AFCRD suffered a defeat at fellow play-off contenders @CoalvilleTownFC. Full story 👇🏻

https://twitter.com/JonDunhamNT/status/ ... 43424?s=19
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

rossco wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:27 pm Disappointing result today, draw would have been fair I think but that’s football. Again just lacking a bit of quality/confidence in the final third, but Lopes looked good and promising for his first game.
Less said about the ref the better.... anyone see what Jesse’s second yellow was for?
Blatant shirt pulling I'm afraid. after the first questionable yellow ref had no choice to but issue second yellow. At least Peaksy wont have a problem whether to bring Acquaye straight back into team.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

It wasn't a bad performance, we just looked a bit toothless up front. The penalty was dreadful and the goal we did concede looked a bit calamitous from the other end. No complaints about the red card.

Lopes looked composed on the ball and showed flashes to suggest he could become a really important player over the next month or so. I would expect Acquaye to come straight back in to the side on the opposite side to Lopes which is an exciting prospect.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 87 times

Post by Dazzler »

Match highlights from Coalville Town.

sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

the video certainly cleared up any doubt. That foul on Tom was well inside the box. Even VAR would have got that right!!