[ Sat 7th Mar ] v Banbury Utd, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Re: [ Sat 7th Mar ] v Banbury Utd, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

Post by Trek »

Young Coventry City loanee, Cian Tyler, starts in goal this afternoon. Nice to have competition for Ben Heath.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

Post by Dazzler »

Post match interviews

sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

At h/t I was quite worried but the lads put in a great second half performance and we should certainly have got the draw. Other results were not too bad so we are now down to 11th but it's very close up to that 5th place. We do now have to win those games in hand and we will be right back in the mix.
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

https://www.mixcloud.com/puritansradio ... 0/?play=fb

What a nice graceful chap their manager is
AFC R&D Member No. 67
Harry Flashman

Post by Harry Flashman »

I thought Nabils behaviour today was appalling and unless there was some kind of behaviour from Westbrook that he can use in mitigation the manager should seriously consider Nabils future at the club. I don’t want to see that behaviour from our players.
The 10 men did all they could in a boring turgid second half and Banbury supporters will not be happy with their teams lack of any ambition to increase their goal difference which that front 4 could easily have achieved. Might cost them if goal difference comes into play for final play off places.
League is still inconsistent in results but I can’t see us been in the final mix unless we can attract at last one striker which will hopefully allow Andy Peaks opportunity to set up a more positive team with some real attacking options. However as we all know the budget isn’t yet there, lottery pending, so perhaps we can be happy with remaining competitive at step 3 for this season. Let’s just keep picking up points where we can and when we can play some attractive football to keep us entertained. Thought the young goalkeeper did very well and maybe Ben Heath could pick up some good habits while he is with us.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Whilst we were second best in the first half, they did score with two of their only real noteworthy chances, and there was nothing our Keeper could do with either of them. Having said that, the midfield went missing in that first half and in particular the game seemed to pass by the lad from Oxford.

What also wasn’t great about that first half was that we had round pegs in square holes again with Tom Lorraine out wide. I appreciate he’s only just come back but we had a wide player on the bench in Joel Gyasi and I’d have much preferred to see players playing in positions they are comfortable in. Lorraine out wide is just no use at all.

Nabil seemed to be getting really frustrated before he lashed out at Westbrook. No complaints there (other than I thought Westbrook made a meal of it) and to be truthful I don’t think it will do Nabil any harm to have a few games out of the team. After a decent start to his second spell it looks like he’s playing without confidence lately.

Second half was a totally different story and the 10 that remained really dug in and arguably deserved something out of the game. Gyasi looked like his old self when he came on at HT which bodes well for upcoming games.

Overall I think it has to go down as a disappointing day. Banbury looked strong going forward but weak at the back and on another day that’s something we could/should have exploited.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 83 times

Post by fentiger79 »

Just a couple of things from me. The decision to allow the penalty to not be retaken is one of the worst decisions I have ever seen by an official. Not that it obviously cost us possibly a point but the positions taken up by the linesman mean that it Simply can not be mistaken. The goalkeeper was 3 yards off his line, not close, not near an absolute mile in football terms. Not a split second decision by the officials, they were all in place and the linesman is in line. Simple way of dealing with this is just to score!!! 😀😀😀 secondly it’s nice of Banbury to allow a raffle winner to take on the after match interview on their radio thingy, it’s hard if you have never done it before so some of the stupid comments you have to put down to it being his first time. Hopefully if he gets to do it again he will be a bit more sensible.
rossco
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by rossco »

Gutted to not get anything from today. First half we were second best but still managed to cause problems from set pieces.
At half time I was just hoping it wouldn’t get embarrassing so fair play to the lads for the second half performance! With a bit more composure and good decisions in the final third and we definitely get something out of it.
Good to see Gyasi play well as well, but still concerning at lack of real chances being created
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

What a difference in the Management interviews, like a few others I had the pleasure of listening to Fords interview live via the clubhouse speakers, some of their fans were definitely embarrassed by his comments and their Chairman (who is a charming man) felt the need to apologise. I’m not sure if I can say it on here but if I can “Mr Ford your a disrespectful prat” if I can’t say that on here I’ll just think Mr Ford your a disrespectful prat.
Been unfortunate the last couple of games as we could easily have got a point in both and instead we watched playoff place rivals pick up 3 instead of 1, onwards and upwards nothing that a few wins won’t put right.
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 87 times

Post by Dazzler »

Highlights from yesterday’s defeat to @BanburyUnitedFC

Video courtesy Banbury Utd FC