Will we play again this season.

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Re: Will we play again this season.

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Sid wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:48 pm At this stage I think it is likely that no more games will be played this season.
Since there are so many variables, clubs could for instance receive points deductions etc., I would rather see the season abandoned as though it had never happened, so effectively 2018/19 would be followed by 2020/21.
What about the final implementation? I think we have roughly 8 home games left to play and it's a lot of money that the club will miss out on. With a few players on a contract, I'm of the beleif that they will have to be paid until the end of that? So I would then want the season to resume at some point, mainly due to the fact that the club needs the money. I know people's health comes first, but there's going to be a point when the virus dissapears so why not resume the season then?
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:10 pm I think we have roughly 8 home games left to play and it's a lot of money that the club will miss out on. With a few players on a contract, I'm of the beleif that they will have to be paid until the end of that?
7 home League games to play. Of course, the club will lose Matchday revenue but I suspect non-contract players won’t be paid and the club will not incur match day expenses, referees fees, stewarding costs for example. There is the fact that season ticket holders have also paid upfront to attend therefore it’s a bit ‘swings and roundabouts’and it’s no point in worrying about it.
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

I think the weeks suspension was to allow the Government/authorities to come to a agreement on what a mass gathering means in numbers.
For a lot of clubs at our level and below a max restriction of 500 would mean that clubs could continue the season, yes we do have more than that so do a couple of more clubs but the majority could be able to comply so the league may sanction the season to continue.

it would become a bit of a headache for Saturday matches as we would have to restrict the number to 500, maybe have to make games all ticket.

However if players start to fall victim to the Virus then it would have to be reassessed again.

To say the matter is problematic for a lot of Sports is an understatement.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

I don't think we would get more than 500 as a large number of our support, me included, are over 70.Plus of course so are a lot of our match day volunteers.
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 77 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

I really don't understand why the current postponements are naturally leading to calls to void the season. We have all summer to fulfill the remaining game and I see no reason why that cannot happen.
Formic
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

The league seems to be sticking with their statement that they will be meeting on Friday to discuss the ongoing situation, then will advise by the following Monday of further postponements - having currently only postponed up until this Saturday.

Hopefully they will advise rather sooner than that.
Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 40 times

Post by Dowlo »

Premier League and EFL suspended until 30th April.

Who should we sign in the summer to help us get promoted next season! :cheesy:
Formic

Post by Formic »

The update today has chilling echoes of R&DFC days - http://www.afcdiamonds.com/club-chairma ... march-2020

Those on the Club Board deserve even more thanks than normal in having to tackle this problem at the same time as all of the issues going on with the virus.
rossco
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by rossco »

Very worrying, they’ll be many clubs in this position sadly. Hope people that are able to, do help out
Formic

Post by Formic »

http://www.afcdiamonds.com/southern-lea ... march-2020

Confirmation of ongoing fixture postponement as expected - albeit not as long as for the Professional Clubs at this stage.

It's a concern there is so little discussion on the club's predicament either on here or the Members' Forum - perhaps it's to be expected though, as people have more important things to worry about, but it would be a shame to see the club fail, whatever the circumstances.