Will we play again this season.

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Re: Will we play again this season.

Post by Biggles »

Those that chucked money at their squads this season will be peed off, in the current climate will they ever be in a financial situation to do it again.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
Harry Flashman

Post by Harry Flashman »

I would like to see a club statement re the implications for the club re ending of season with reference to worrying financial situation I presume all contracts must now end for players and staff which should save considerable money over next months.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

There is information on the members forum regarding our financial situation.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Going to be tough ask for Tom Lorraine to make 100 goals now! :hmmm:
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

The whinging has started. South Shields intend to take legal action against FA. With the probable backlog in the courts they should get a decision in time for season 2030-31.!!!
Trek

Post by Trek »

Formic
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

I hope we follow the lead of Aylesbury United - http://www.aylesburyunitedfc.co.uk/news/?e=4080

Notwithstanding the formal decision above we have taken the view that all our games were competitive at the time they were played and this should be respected. Therefore we believe it only fair and right that we honour the appearances of all the players and the website should reflect that. So milestones that were achieved by Ben Williams (100), Harry Jones (100), Jake Bewley (250) and Greg Williams (500) should stand.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Formic wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:25 pm I hope we follow the lead of Aylesbury United - http://www.aylesburyunitedfc.co.uk/news/?e=4080

Notwithstanding the formal decision above we have taken the view that all our games were competitive at the time they were played and this should be respected. Therefore we believe it only fair and right that we honour the appearances of all the players and the website should reflect that. So milestones that were achieved by Ben Williams (100), Harry Jones (100), Jake Bewley (250) and Greg Williams (500) should stand.
As do I.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

BartonRaz wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:37 pm
Formic wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:25 pm I hope we follow the lead of Aylesbury United - http://www.aylesburyunitedfc.co.uk/news/?e=4080

As do I.
It would be the common sense route to take. How can you suddenly say Sam Brown has not played more than 300 games or Tom not scored 97 goals or that Peaksy has only been manager for 5 not 6 seasons.
Trek

Post by Trek »

I was going to post exactly the same. You cannot simply ‘airbrush’ matches from history despite what the idiots in charge of the game think. The games were played, players sweated or otherwise, goals scored, matches won lost or drawn, fans attended, cheered, cursed, went home happy or sad. For season 2019/20 I sincerely hope they are ‘archived’ by our Club complete with the league table at the time of the suspension.