Will we play again this season.

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Re: Will we play again this season.

Post by davealbon »

Far too much common sense being posted on this page; I'm going back to Facebook.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Talking of common sense, there's a lot of it spoken in the letter one of the Step 5 leagues has sent to the Powers That Be - https://www.nwcfl.com/news-articles.php?id=8197 - They are planning on preserving the records of the recent season too.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Latest Update - decision ratified - http://www.afcdiamonds.com/southern-lea ... n-decision
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Oliver Holt, the Chief Sports Writer for the Mail on Sunday, has said that the Conference Premier, Conference North and Conference South may not resume until January 2021.

If that is true and it filters down to Steps 3-6, I doubt there'll be much non-league football left to come back to.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

I don't imagine the Premiership being put off til January. So if they get crowds of 50k surely non league Steps 3 and below who rarely exceed 500 should be allowed to re start. In fact our level should start first to test the water. We are supposed to be "all in it together". Whenever we do eventually play again it cannot be before it is safe to do so. Take care. Stay safe.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

sussexdiamond wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:38 am I don't imagine the Premiership being put off til January. So if they get crowds of 50k surely non league Steps 3 and below who rarely exceed 500 should be allowed to re start. In fact our level should start first to test the water. We are supposed to be "all in it together". Whenever we do eventually play again it cannot be before it is safe to do so. Take care. Stay safe.
Well the plan is with the prem and football league, is to be played behind closed doors. Although you still need many people to be at the ground to make that happen. The only way I think you can do that is if everybody is tested and get the all clear. I honestly can't see things going back to normal until next year. Might have been a better idea to resume this season next, although that would send many clubs to the wall I'd imagine.