Will we play again this season.

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Re: Will we play again this season.

Post by sussexdiamond »

I think the lack of postings is due to the fact we are resigned to no footie at least until August. Anything earlier is just wishful thinking. Being realistic, this season is finished.
rossco
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by rossco »

Step 5 & 6 seasons ended. FA now deciding either PPG for promotion/relegation or null and void the season. Is it a matter of time before steps 3 & 4 follow?
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

http://www.afcdiamonds.com/southern-lea ... son-201920

The statement doesn't seem to reference any initiative from the Step 3/4 leagues to assist their Member Clubs - or indeed whether the FA might provide any support to help clubs over this non-football period until August at least (and possibly longer). Quite whether the contracts of non-playing staff also finish on the same date, and whether there might be benefits from the government scheme for those non-playing staff in contracts who might be laid off isn't discussed either.

If they do declare the season null and void there will be a lot of hard-working people asking "why did we bother" - and quite what would happen to club records etc would be another concern. Far better to truncate the season as it is, and decide any positional changes by the fairest means.

The chairman's statement we had recently didn't seem to differentiate between lost revenues and that already received from Season Ticket holders - I wonder if there will be any kind of league ruling in that respect.
train
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by train »

Formic wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:05 pm http://www.afcdiamonds.com/southern-lea ... son-201920

The statement doesn't seem to reference any initiative from the Step 3/4 leagues to assist their Member Clubs - or indeed whether the FA might provide any support to help clubs over this non-football period until August at least (and possibly longer). Quite whether the contracts of non-playing staff also finish on the same date, and whether there might be benefits from the government scheme for those non-playing staff in contracts who might be laid off isn't discussed either.

If they do declare the season null and void there will be a lot of hard-working people asking "why did we bother" - and quite what would happen to club records etc would be another concern. Far better to truncate the season as it is, and decide any positional changes by the fairest means.

The chairman's statement we had recently didn't seem to differentiate between lost revenues and that already received from Season Ticket holders - I wonder if there will be any kind of league ruling in that respect.

To me season should be completed, or at least tried, if that's Imposible it shouldn't be done in the fairest way possible. Weathers that's null and void season or done on PPG.

Also on another point, many teams would have played more top teams than others, some teams have played more games than offers, and home games, vest majority of teams are better at home, some teams might have played more home games than others.

If it was done on PPG, (that's means we have failed to complete the season) which means virus is still about, how would play offs be mind, behind closed doors or in front of fans who could get the virus etc.

I would like to complete the season, but if we can't, then I would like it done in fairest way possible weather that's a null and void season or a PPG season, I don't mind.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

How would you decide who wins the cup competitions? Surely they would have to be voided if the season is decided on a ppg ratio :mellow:
train

Post by train »

Sources have it, that National league wants to Null and void the season.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by davealbon »

If the season isn't finished I can see some clubs taking legal action against their respective leagues and/or the FA. Maybe not at our level, but certainly at National League level. And that could drag on for months, if not years.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
train

Post by train »

I could see it either way, if it's done on PPG, I could see a load of appeals, (if not more appeals)

We should look to complete the season, but if that's impossible I'm not fussed either way in how it goes/ends.
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

Its all over, they have announced steps 3-6 all results expunged and no promotion or relegation, subject to ratification

https://www.betvictorsouthern.co.uk/
Last edited by Biggles on Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Absolutely incredible that they've decided to void the season rather than decide on PPG. It doesn't matter too much for us, but imagine if we were in the running for promotion.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291