Will we play again this season.

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Will we play again this season.

Post by sussexdiamond »

I'm sitting here bored already. It's worse than the close season. Feeling utterly fed up. All that has happened so far this season likely to be consigned to irrelevance and no end of season drama to look forward to. The only ray of sunshine is that we won't have played Peterboro Sports at all.
Phil-the-Diamond
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Re: Will we play again this season.

Post by Phil-the-Diamond »

sussexdiamond wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:07 pm I'm sitting here bored already. It's worse than the close season. Feeling utterly fed up. All that has happened so far this season likely to be consigned to irrelevance and no end of season drama to look forward to. The only ray of sunshine is that we won't have played Peterboro Sports at all.
I don't think we will. Terrible shame. Glad it won't be up to me to sort a way forward
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Whilst I think it was unnecessary to call games off at the level we’re at, I can’t see us playing again until/unless there’s some sort of acceptance that we’re not going to be able to stop this spreading, or a cure/vaccine becomes available. They’ve called things to a halt for little more than a week, I really don’t see what’s going to change in the next 7 days that will allow the Peterborough Sports game to go ahead.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Harry Flashman

Post by Harry Flashman »

I cant see us playing again this season unless something radical happens and season runs through summer months to completion, replacing any pre season but with family commitments that will disrupt players availability.
Now this has happened once leagues may need to have rules re when future seasons become void eg play 30 games and league positions stand if season is finished early. Less than 30 season all void. With possible return of virus next year plans need to be made.
More importantly stay well everyone and look after your loved ones.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Harry Flashman wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:05 am Now this has happened once leagues may need to have rules re when future seasons become void eg play 30 games and league positions stand if season is finished early. Less than 30 season all void.
The fairest way would be to decide final standings on a PPG (Points per game) basis.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Trek wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:27 am
Harry Flashman wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:05 am Now this has happened once leagues may need to have rules re when future seasons become void eg play 30 games and league positions stand if season is finished early. Less than 30 season all void.
The fairest way would be to decide final standings on a PPG (Points per game) basis.
Not not such how you can determine promotion and relegation this way. Our division is partially tight and who would you decide wins the play offs? Then who would you decide wins the super play off. I don't think you can do it, so they'll have to start the next season with the same clubs
rossco
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by rossco »

I’m just glad I’m not making decisions this season, first Bury going under and now this. No idea what will happen, PPG seems fairest and then play offs when it calms down? Who knows....
Probably be a month or so until we actually find out so boredom will stay a little longer on weekends. Any ideas how to fill saturdays?
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:31 pm
Not not such how you can determine promotion and relegation this way. Our division is partially tight and who would you decide wins the play offs? Then who would you decide wins the super play off. I don't think you can do it, so they'll have to start the next season with the same clubs
My suggestion is just for final league positions. However, under the circumstances if there is no further play this season, I agree that there should be no promotion or relegation.
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

You can be certain that what ever decision is made some club or clubs is going to threaten to sue
Sid
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Sid »

At this stage I think it is likely that no more games will be played this season.
Since there are so many variables, clubs could for instance receive points deductions etc., I would rather see the season abandoned as though it had never happened, so effectively 2018/19 would be followed by 2020/21.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member - 101