Sponsorship shirt idea

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Therushden97
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Sponsorship shirt idea

Post by Therushden97 »

Been thinking of a few ideas of how the club can try and raise money for next season one of the ideas i came up with was a “fans shirt” for our away or third kit next season. Each fan would pay 30-50 pound to have their name on the shirt and then obviously 30-50 pound to buy the shirt that’s 60-100 pound per customer who decides to take up this idea. Would only need 200 fans to get 20k revenue. People would take to this idea because it’s basically a limited edition piece to remind them of 1.The global pandemic 2. The time we came together and helped the club. I have kind of taken this idea from
Hearts who done this in 2015 with their foundation members. https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article ... y-unveiled

Obviously logistically this would be semi hard to set up but its just an idea atm to get the club some money generated so peaksy and the boys have a helping hand to start the season.
Beezus Fafoon
Has Liked: 2 times

Re: Sponsorship shirt idea

Post by Beezus Fafoon »

That’s a cracking idea, the board should definitely look into this ASAP!
rushdenshireelite

Post by rushdenshireelite »

Such a fantastic idea!
This could be simplified too, which would minimise the cost of shirt production. Maybe give the shirt a retro feel like a classic from the ‘old’ club?!
On the other hand if we can get a few former players on this it might generate more interest.
White, red and blue army
real diamond
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 6 times

Post by real diamond »

It’s a great idea - I put something similar on the members forum a couple of weeks ago but not heard anything, can only imagine how busy the board are.
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Not sure I completely agree with the way the vote has been influenced by the wording on the website (a bit like the admission price vote last season) and the extremely basic alternatives offered which don’t include our main colours. It’s made the vote pointless really, it may as well be scrapped and the board just do what needs to be done, as the wording suggests that any other option will negatively impact the club financially.

I hope that the club can find enough people willing to part with even more money to ensure that a.) the kit doesn’t look like a shit show with 30 names on it, and b.) the idea raises the necessary funds. I can’t help but wonder if there would have been more value in having a really eye-catching design that people really want to buy, like the current home kit and the current 3rd kit.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
TwinkleToesTomlin
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

I brought this up as well Raz, doesn't sit quite right with me either. It's not very 'diamonds-like' in my opinion. Everything with us has always been fairer than fair and this isn't. I'd like to think I understand the reasons for it, but I think the money-making shirt would have won regardless of the wording/other entries. I don't mind saying that I voted for the home C shirt and B away. I think having two could have a detrimental impact on the other. Not many people can afford to buy both, I know I can't.
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.