Red cards

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Red cards

Post by sussexdiamond »

As Nabil was sent off in our final game I presume he has a 3 game ban. But is it fair that it be carried over to next season considering we had a further 12 games to play when he could have served his time. Also does Jesse Akubine still have any games to serve following his red v Coalville
therushden
Has Liked: 137 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Re: Red cards

Post by therushden »

Good point, well made.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

sussexdiamond wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:34 pm As Nabil was sent off in our final game I presume he has a 3 game ban. But is it fair that it be carried over to next season considering we had a further 12 games to play when he could have served his time. Also does Jesse Akubine still have any games to serve following his red v Coalville
Pretty certain akubuine served all of his ban and is clear to resume. Could point about nabil, but I don't there's a cat's he'll in chance that his ban will be upheld
StaceyH
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by StaceyH »

By coincidence, I was looking at these yesterday so that we can be sure of who is available when we’re allowed to play again.

Jesse’s 1 match ban was served against Banbury.

Nab’s 3 match ban will unfortunately be carried over until next season. It’s standard practice to carry them over and I don’t expect the rules to change because of the current situation.
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
paulg

Post by paulg »

The 19/20 season at our level was - wrongly in my opinion, but there you go! - declared null & void wasn’t it? The league can’t really expunge the entire season and then go back and cherry pick which aspects of that season count and which ones don’t. Surely all suspensions should be struck from the record, in line with the null & void verdict. Unless the league have gone back on their decision, but I haven’t seen any such announcement.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

paulg wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:53 am The 19/20 season at our level was - wrongly in my opinion, but there you go! - declared null & void wasn’t it? The league can’t really expunge the entire season and then go back and cherry pick which aspects of that season count and which ones don’t. Surely all suspensions should be struck from the record, in line with the null & void verdict. Unless the league have gone back on their decision, but I haven’t seen any such announcement.
It doesn't work like that for disciplinary issues. There have been many occasions where a game has been abandoned and the goalscorers don't get credited with their goals, but the bookings still stand.
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 40 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Formic wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:54 am
paulg wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:53 am The 19/20 season at our level was - wrongly in my opinion, but there you go! - declared null & void wasn’t it? The league can’t really expunge the entire season and then go back and cherry pick which aspects of that season count and which ones don’t. Surely all suspensions should be struck from the record, in line with the null & void verdict. Unless the league have gone back on their decision, but I haven’t seen any such announcement.
It doesn't work like that for disciplinary issues. There have been many occasions where a game has been abandoned and the goalscorers don't get credited with their goals, but the bookings still stand.
The County FA's don't get money for goals scored, they do for cards issued