FA Discussion about next season

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Re: FA Discussion about next season

Post by Biggles »

I,m afraid Covid 19 is with us forever as is the bubonic Plague or its common name the Black Death, its still lurking in countries and areas with low hygiene.

The scientists first thoughts were using the herd system so that we built up our own antibodies to combat the Virus but then looked at the Figures
of deaths that would be incurred prior the population gaining the Antibodies and changed to Lock down as a control method, it works but is highly expensive and as seen countries that thought they had it controlled now having flair ups.

A vaccine will help massively but wont work for everybody some peoples immune systems are far too weak even for a mild shot of vaccine,
so we have to adapt and adjust our lives but as seen on TV around the country a lot of people think they are already immune or they are using the herd system already,let us all cuddle up on a beech and share!

Anyway now that i have depressed you i will go back into my bunker.

Keep well and stay off the Beech
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

I have been residing on the South Coast since lock down commenced and there are plenty of BEACHES that I have visited which are far from crowded. It just seems the herd are just like sheep and flocking to the hot spots of Brighton and Bournemouth.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

No doubt all clubs will have to have in place procedures to detect if anyone's not well on arrival. We must remember that the vast majority of deaths have been with people who have other conditions, and footballers are (generally) very fit. It will be a personal choice for those who have existing conditions (ie use inhalers), whether they want to play or not. I had a 40 ft truck pass me on the motorway last week, he was doing 80 mph!! I saw that as a huge risk so made sure I kept well away from it.
AFC R & D member number 34
Sid
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Sid »

This article on Bognor Regis Town suggests that the Isthmian League and by extension all leagues are looking at a 3rd October season start.

https://www.bognor.co.uk/sport/football ... er-2904102

Not sure, but I fear that may see clubs at our level excluded from the FA cup. :unsure:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member - 101
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

I presume that from the 3rd round proper that games are already contracted to TV on certain dates. So any rounds prior to that have only 3 months to be played, which by my reckoning is 8 rounds!! Probably no replays. So hopefully season will start in early September. All but 32 non league clubs will be out by the first round so probably not such a problem. I gather that all County Cups and League Cups will be cancelled next season which is a shame as it does not allow any games for fringe players or in Brackleys case for any inelegible players to get a game. Obviously whenever we do start there will be plenty of midweek games.
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

Lots of Issues, one is Local lock downs if there are spikes in the Virus, without fans games cannot be played, so if an area go into lock down say 2 months that causes a massive game backlog a season may have to be over 2 normal seasons so you could have a 20-22 season with games in Summer of 2021 as the Winter could be when spikes happen.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

An update from the Isthmian League on the restart question - https://www.isthmian.co.uk/when-will-fo ... back-62603
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

Open air theatres to re open, so that must make lower level non league footie more likely to commence in September.
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 40 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

I'm leaning more to October than September.

Most leagues still have to hold their AGM's and will probably need to have two scenarios to take into account local or National lockdowns.

A month ago I couldn't see any football this year so September may not be out of the question
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

Rather than all nonleague start on the same date, I would prefer Steps 5/6 start first then Step3/4 and finally Steps 1/2. The lower leagues need to start earliest as they have much smaller crowds and need to play extra prelim and prelim rounds of FA Cup.