FA Discussion about next season

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

FA Discussion about next season

Post by Formic »

Apparently there were interesting discussions between the FA and Step 5/6 leagues, which included information relevant to our level.

https://www.falmouthpacket.co.uk/news/1 ... on-league/

( quite an unusual source!)

The key point is “ While the start date is still up in the air, it was confirmed that all steps (one to seven) of the pyramid must begin at the same time, and games behind closed doors will not be permitted.”. That comment makes the rest of the discussion about start dates and cup games more appropriate.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Re: FA Discussion about next season

Post by sussexdiamond »

I think that, providing no significant rise in Covid 19, following yesterday's announcements from Boris we will be back in action sometime in September. As most clubs from Step3 downwards rarely get more than 200-400 supporters the 1 metre rule can easily be applied. Although I note that the FA want all of non league to start on the same date. There is talk today of Rugby restarting with limited numbers of fans present so if that goes ahead then there can be no objections to restarting non league footie.
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 40 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

The one metre rule can't be enforced in changing rooms so that provides the biggest hurdle yet to be overcome.
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

SouthRushdenJFC wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:27 am The one metre rule can't be enforced in changing rooms so that provides the biggest hurdle yet to be overcome.
For players it can't be enforced on the pitch either,

With full time football it doesnt matter but part timers have seperate jobs so they risk catching it on the pitch and then taking it to work on the monday,

My personal opinion is that it will be dangerous and maybe part time football should not restart for a long time yet.

The reason the rule has changed to 1m is purely to help the economy, it's certainly not safe and we are only going to see a big rise in the cases and the return of a strict lockdown, its a shame that all the people that have died so far have done so in vain because Boris will wait until its spread to much again before shutting down and another load of innocent people will lose their life. Sad times ahead.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

I understand the average amount of close contact for players within a 90 minute game is 3 minutes.
AFC R&D Member No. 67
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

I think Adrian is playing at politics. This is a football discussion.
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

Good chance this Virus will be around in some way for years , so you either take the bull by the horns and start again or possibly sport will never come back ?
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

sussexdiamond wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:54 pm I think Adrian is playing at politics. This is a football discussion.
Adrian talks a lot of sense there - and clearly any escalation will impact on Football - especially where testing all the players twice a week isn't an option. Take a look at the Tennis event in Serbia to see what could happen.

We've never had a clear conclusion what caused the virus to spread so quickly, and silently, in the first place, so who can tell whether it might be back. The poor people in Care Homes clearly didn't catch it from travelling on Public transport or in Pubs, and despite the best efforts of some really dedicated carers it still spread in such an awful way there.

Whilst there might not be an issue with separating people around the pitch (in the rain?) perhaps the inevitable drop in attendances / bar takings / food outlet revenues would kill the clubs anyway.
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

I'm afraid the Virus is with us forever, its cousins the common cold , flu they cannot be eradicated and every year they peak mostly in the winter months, you can try to contain the virus with vaccines etc but it wont go away.

Just like everybody else we will have to make choices, Footballers will have to decide to either take the risk to play football or chuck it in, just like you or me do we take a risk, go to a pub, out for a meal, go football or just remain locked away in our own little bunkers.

I cant see any more national lock downs without total bankruptcy of the Nations involved.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
Phil-the-Diamond
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Phil-the-Diamond »

Biggles wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:39 am I'm afraid the Virus is with us forever, its cousins the common cold , flu they cannot be eradicated and every year they peak mostly in the winter months, you can try to contain the virus with vaccines etc but it wont go away.

Just like everybody else we will have to make choices, Footballers will have to decide to either take the risk to play football or chuck it in, just like you or me do we take a risk, go to a pub, out for a meal, go football or just remain locked away in our own little bunkers.

I cant see any more national lock downs without total bankruptcy of the Nations involved.
I thought a vaccine would end it. Flu can be one of many strains but they know this is Covid-19. Maybe I am wrong but that is my understanding.