[ Sat 5th Sep ] v Daventry Town, KO 3pm PSF AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

[ Sat 5th Sep ] v Daventry Town, KO 3pm PSF AWAY

Post by Dazzler »

Official Match Preview to follow

http://www.afcdiamonds.com/daventry-tow ... angements/

Note: ALL Ticket Match - Tickets available from the Daventry Town Website (see below)

Daventry Town preview - https://dtfc.co.uk/afc-rushden-diamonds

Ticket Purchase link - https://www.trybooking.com/uk/book/event?eid=13515&

Prices (Taken from booking site)
--
£5 - Adult 21 and over, Under 65
£3 - Conc Over 18 but under 21, over 65s or a student. Proof of ID and Date of birth will be required
£1 - Under 18's
--
Dazzler
The Staff

Re: [ Sat 5th Sep ] v Daventry Town, KO 3pm PSF AWAY

Post by Dazzler »

Jon Dunham's Prematch Preview/Chat with Andy Peaks.

sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

We must have enough players now to field two completely different teams in each half.
Dbsl
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by Dbsl »

I know we now have royalty in our ranks. Prince has signed. I hope it is the No10 I mentioned in a previous thread. A good addition and replacement for Ben A.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Dbsl wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:29 am I know we now have royalty in our ranks. Prince has signed. I hope it is the No10 I mentioned in a previous thread. A good addition and replacement for Ben A.
Prince is the tall, slim player who liked to favour shifting it onto his left foot. Looks very quick of the mark and strikes the ball like Ryan robbins. I think the number 10 your reffering to was the winger.
real diamond
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by real diamond »

First time I’ve seen the side since the friendlies began.... it’s going to a tough season I think.

With two week's to go they don’t look settled and although very strong in the back 5 we look very weak going forward. For me we are missing a experienced midfielder who can talk these younger players through the game while pushing us forward.

Without an experienced CM I just don’t know how we can play
4 3 3 - Casey was excellent today but IMO he needs someone along side him who can spot a pass and drive us forward.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

real diamond wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:45 pm First time I’ve seen the side since the friendlies began.... it’s going to a tough season I think.

With two week's to go they don’t look settled and although very strong in the back 5 we look very weak going forward. For me we are missing a experienced midfielder who can talk these younger players through the game while pushing us forward.

Without an experienced CM I just don’t know how we can play
4 3 3 - Casey was excellent today but IMO he needs someone along side him who can spot a pass and drive us forward.
I've learned over the years, and it was very evident last season, that pre-season is no indicator as to how you will fare when the season starts. We were awful in the PSF's last year and then went off like a train when the real stuff kicked in.

Wasn't great today but we were missing a few that would ordinarily start and we weren't helped by having two attacking players go off in the first half either. You're right though we are short of a bit of experience in the middle of the park although we have got Ben Farrell to come back in to it.

I'm not really a fan of the 4-3-3 formation that we keep playing as in the 3 games I've personally seen (King's Lynn, Bedford & today) we're not creating enough chances. To make it work, like we saw 10 years ago in play-off season with Tomlin and O'Connor either side of Farrell/Louis, you need a bit of guile and real attacking intent from out wide to ensure the player in the centre isn't isolated. Something that could work with potentially Prince, Wreh and Acquaye involved but I don't think it's worked yet in the games I've seen.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Post match interview with AFCRDTV

sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Interesting comments from Peaksy regarding further signings this week and the position with Ben Acquaye.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

No mention of Joel Gyasi either :ermm: