NO COMMENT! [ Tue 22nd Sep ] v Newark FC, KO 7:45pm FA1QR HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Re: LAST FEW TICKETS! [ Tue 22nd Sep ] v Newark FC, KO 7:45pm FA1QR HOME

Post by Olly »

sussexdiamond wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:17 pm Surely Ashton and Oulton have played their last game for the club. Wreh brought the game alive in second half but the damage had already been done. I have not been so disappointed since we lost to St Andrews.
Reminded me of St Andrews too, although at least against them we weren't totally and utterly humiliated like we were tonight, what the f*** did I just witness, make no mistakes, Newark for a step 5 team (albeit with some good players) played exceptionally well and executed their game plan to perfection, but still, how did we just lose 5-0 at home to a team 2 levels below us?? Its inexusable and never have I seen such a pathetic display in all my time of watching Diamonds, it was shocking, the phrase 'men against boys' springs to mind, although usually you'd say it about the higher team..

Angry at the team and management staff right now, but we'll just have to look forward and put this embarrassing shambles behind us with a good win, nothing less will do after that!
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

davealbon wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:25 pm
sussexdiamond wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:17 pm Wreh brought the game alive in second half but the damage had already been done.
I'm not sure what Wreh did to bring the game to life, other than amuse us all with his hilariously bad shooting.
One mazy run which was the only good thing I can think of from the game, but other that, I agree he was very poor.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Three Nips
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Three Nips »

sussexdiamond wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:17 pm Wreh brought the game alive in second half
I think you should self-isolate, nothing to do with health reasons, just generally a danger to society!

I'd take anyone with an ounce of ability over a clown who can dribble once a game and swing what seems to be a bit of 2x4 at the ball.

Unfortunately, he wasn't alone tonight!
Everywhere we go....
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 85 times

Re: NO COMMENT! [ Tue 22nd Sep ] v Newark FC, KO 7:45pm FA1QR HOME

Post by fentiger79 »

Make no mistake, that was arguably the worst performance from a rushden team I can remember in my 30 years plus watching them. There may be others but I doubt it. To be so bad was frankly embarrassing to the club and the management team. The blame is all over because apart from the keeper (didn’t make a save and had nothing really to do) and fairlamb who at least had a go the rest were truly shocking. What Jack was thinking on diving in after 30 seconds when the player was going nowhere only he knows but must take a significant portion of the blame. We couldn’t pass, clear, made decent decisions, etc. The sad thing was that Newark were decent but no better than we have and will face week in week out but they have just had the most easiest passage through a fa cup round you could ever get. Yet again in the cup we let ourselves down. Our defence was atrocious and was at fault for every goal. Anyone would have beaten us tonight.
Sid
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Sid »

sussexdiamond wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:17 pm Surely Ashton and Oulton have played their last game for the club. Wreh brought the game alive in second half but the damage had already been done. I have not been so disappointed since we lost to St Andrews.
Jacko puts everything into his performances, when he gets it wrong it's awful like tonight, but more often he's one of our best. Thought Wreh was very poor, hardly alone in that though.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member - 101
fentiger79

Post by fentiger79 »

You can usually carry one or two players but 11 or 12 from that performance wouldn’t have scored more than a 4 out of 10. Can’t compete like that.
nsman

Post by nsman »

Midfield is lightweight. Doesn’t shield the defence or support the attack either. You could see Newark worked as a unit so much better than us. Maybe we should have found the £50 extra and kept Hicks.
fentiger79

Post by fentiger79 »

Don’t understand why Fernando has not been starting.
Diamond_ Wolf
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Diamond_ Wolf »

Please pass over your crack pipe! :wacko:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds member- 56
rossco
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by rossco »

Nothing good to say about tonight. How did we go from one of our most committed, battling performances on Saturday to tonight??
Got back home to Birmingham about 20 minutes ago... not sure I’ll make the effort on Saturday* after that sort of display.

*I almost definitely will - I have no will power