NO COMMENT! [ Tue 22nd Sep ] v Newark FC, KO 7:45pm FA1QR HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

Re: NO COMMENT! [ Tue 22nd Sep ] v Newark FC, KO 7:45pm FA1QR HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Courtesy of AFCRDTV - Manager Andy Peaks and Captain Liam Dolman following our Emirates FA Cup defeat to @NwkFlowserveFC

Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Screenshot_20200923-012717.png
Screenshot_20200923-012717.png (1.6 MiB) Viewed 4810 times
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Why didn't the ref threaten to abandon the game after the second flare incident. Those particular flares were far more dangerous than the smoke ones that our fans used a few seasons ago. And for yet a third one to be thrown at the end was just crass stupidity, reckless and dangerous. I just hope the culprits were identified and that their club are penalised as we surely will be for failing to control crowd.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 100 times

Post by Olly »

sussexdiamond wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:05 am Why didn't the ref threaten to abandon the game after the second flare incident. Those particular flares were far more dangerous than the smoke ones that our fans used a few seasons ago. And for yet a third one to be thrown at the end was just crass stupidity, reckless and dangerous. I just hope the culprits were identified and that their club are penalised as we surely will be for failing to control crowd.
Shocking wasn't it, I noticed we had a couple of police at the game as well, did they manage to identify the culprits and throw them out? Otherwise what were they there for.

Guess maybe we can hope for them to be kicked out of the cup for it so we go through :laugh:
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

The morning after the night before. I was absolutely furious with that last night as I expect many were. In my opinion the most embarrassing performance and result I have ever seen an RDFC or AFC R&D team put in, in my 24 years following the two clubs. Having slept on it I don't think that's an over-reaction. It reminded me of Evesham away in 2008, only worse.

I don't care how much money is being put in there, how good their players are or what form they're in. We shouldn't be losing 5-0 at home to anyone. I wouldn't expect us to lose 5-0 at home to a football league side frankly, let alone a Step 5 side. It's borderline unforgivable.

The management can only do so much and the players let them down spectacularly last night, with some of the more experienced players looking like a total liability throughout, but we were way too slow to make personnel changes and way too slow to change the shape. We were 3-0 down after 22 minutes and it could/should have been 5 in a one-off game. What more does Peaksy etc need to see at that point? The next 25 minutes wasted as far as I was concerned.

The major worry really is what sort of hangover that is going to cause. That sort of performance and result could take a while to get over and if we're not careful we could find ourselves in the sort of slump we found ourselves in after we got stuffed at home to Bromsgrove around this time last year. We've got two home games in succession now which on paper would look winnable if it wasn't for what happened last night. A chance for redemption but there's got to be some changes to the XI and hopefully Prince and Joel Gyasi might not be too far away from being fit to provide an injection of something different.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Jon Dunham's Report
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Match "Highlights" courtesy of AFCRDTV..

Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Jon Dunham's Match Review
The Godfather
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by The Godfather »

How do we go about getting a refund?
"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

The Godfather wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:23 pm How do we go about getting a refund?
Look at it as money for the club we all love and keep it moving forward! :cool: