Match thread - Kiddie 1 (Knight 54) RDFC 1 (Porter 26) -F/T

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Harriers9

Re: Match thread - Kiddie 1 (Knight 54) RDFC 1 (Porter 26)

Post by Harriers9 »

therushden wrote:you have to say, our fans have been non stop all game.
edinburgh's barmy army

I think you were hearing Steve Burrs Barmy Army. Steve Burr = Edin Burr??
coolcuts

Re: Match thread - Kiddie 1 (Knight 54) RDFC 1 (Porter 26) -F/T

Post by coolcuts »

Nope sorry but it was definatley edinburghs barmy army as kiddi's commentator kept saying thats us singing again.
BringBackDuane

Post by BringBackDuane »

Harriers9 wrote:
therushden wrote:you have to say, our fans have been non stop all game.
edinburgh's barmy army

I think you were hearing Steve Burrs Barmy Army. Steve Burr = Edin Burr??
No, everything coming from your end was that hideous drum, and 5 loners trying and failing to produce an atmosphere. Well that's what it sounded from our terrace ;)

The best prolonged chant we have done when Ive been at matches. Must of been singing 'Edinburghs Yellow Army', for at least 2/3s of the match!

An average performance from us. Nothing good, nothing bad, so glad Dale saved that penalty. I think we are somewhat saving ourselves for the big games, with all this resting and the players don't seem to be putting in as much effort. I couldnt care less though if we pull it out the stocks in the play-offs. I think we will finish 5th though - whether thats good or bad I dont know, but we can beat anyone on our day!!!
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 140 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I thought we did very well today considering Byrne, Tomlin, and Farrell were all rested. Imensely proud of the shift they put in and a complete turnaround from Crawley.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

BartonRaz wrote:I thought we did very well today considering Byrne, Tomlin, and Farrell were all rested. Imensely proud of the shift they put in and a complete turnaround from Crawley.

I'll second that and our captain was awesome again. He was flying into tackles and throwing himself in front of shots. Akurang was dead on his feet with 10 to go and wanted to come off, but Edinburgh decided (quite rightly) to shore the back 4 up by bringing in Downer. I really think our support raised the players game towards the end of today.
AFC R & D member number 34
BringBackDuane

Post by BringBackDuane »

I think JEMS learnt a lot about some players today. It pains me to say Sam Smith looked a shadow of the player we saw last season. He was quite simply awful :( his pass % can't have been above 20%. In my opinion, that was his last game for us.

Nicky McNamara wasn't at it either. Not surprised he got subbed Mourinho-esque by JEMS, a really strong good decision in my opinion. P*** T**** was outstanding.

Across the back, Huke was solid today, as were the rest of back 4, Downer looked settled. Akurang and Smith never looked dangerous, and neither did Louis when he came on. O'Connor worked hard, but got nothing from it really. Wolleaston for me lacked match sharpess/fitness but looked dangerous and Porter just did his job.

Overall, really happy with a point, a good team performance, hopefully we can roll over Ebbsfleet, as I wouldn't like us to be under pressure in our last 3 games, they are all very tricky!
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by StaceyH »

Jamie Stuart was immense today, defending like his life depended on it from start to finish. If commitment won points we'd be top of the league without question.
There were some very tired legs out there but I felt a draw was a fair result.....special mention to Dale - a Diamonds legend in the making 8-)
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
mac

Post by mac »

To be fair playing Sam wide right did him no favours ,but he was miles off the pace and looked awful big Cliff really put in a shift considering his lack of match practise.Wolly looked very rusty and Mcnammara was a little unlucky to be subbed again but looked like he could get sent off again, a bit of a liability at this stage of the season.I thought Kiddie looked the better team much more dangerous than us but a good away point at the end of the day .Back 4 were good but what was Dale doing with that penalty so lucky it was a poorly taken effort
JamesRDFC

Post by JamesRDFC »

BringBackDuane wrote:I think JEMS learnt a lot about some players today. It pains me to say Sam Smith looked a shadow of the player we saw last season. He was quite simply awful :( his pass % can't have been above 20%. In my opinion, that was his last game for us.

Nicky McNamara wasn't at it either. Not surprised he got subbed Mourinho-esque by JEMS, a really strong good decision in my opinion. P*** T**** was outstanding.

Across the back, Huke was solid today, as were the rest of back 4, Downer looked settled. Akurang and Smith never looked dangerous, and neither did Louis when he came on. O'Connor worked hard, but got nothing from it really. Wolleaston for me lacked match sharpess/fitness but looked dangerous and Porter just did his job.

Overall, really happy with a point, a good team performance, hopefully we can roll over Ebbsfleet, as I wouldn't like us to be under pressure in our last 3 games, they are all very tricky!

Smith was poor, but remember how little football he's had. Think you're being a little harsh there. Other than that I agree, one clearance from Huke saved a certain goal, can't question the commitment from any of them.

Stuart and Osano were massive, Roberts made three great saves. Akurang and Wolly put in major shifts considering how little they've played too. Only slight negative was that we created few real chances, but we were missing Tomlin and Byrne. A well earned, hard fought point :)
One Dale Roberts. Never forgotten. R.I.P.

AFC Rushden & Diamonds member no. 90
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

BringBackDuane wrote:I think we are somewhat saving ourselves for the big games, with all this resting and the players don't seem to be putting in as much effort.
What game were you watching? We were far from our best today (not surprising given that Tommo, Byrne, Farrell and Downer were out of the starting lineup) but the effort was outstanding. We had Smith, Akurang, Wolly, McNamara and Huke who have played hardly any football in the past few months, and then Stuart, Osano, Robinson and Porter who were playing their 3rd game in 6 days. They all worked so hard to ensure we got something from that game.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297