[ Sat 26th Sep ] v Barwell FC, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Re: MATCH DAY! [ Sat 26th Sep ] v Barwell FC, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Much better performance today than what was served up on Tuesday night, although that wouldn't have been too difficult. Hartwell took the lead with a but of a 9 times out of 10 strike that goes high and wide from distance, but it was a cracking strike. They seemed to be in control from then up till half time. Second have didn't really improve much until a formation and player change (gyasi for casey) happened and then we started to play and look a threat. Got a reward from skin's strike from a fairlamb cut back. Could also of won it near the end when ashton's header thumped the post. Casey in centre mid was a surprise and it didn't really work. Couldn't blame a young lad playing out of position, whereas a number of other players didn't have great games. It was a bit of a mixture of performances. Only sour note, was the racial abuse headed towards fairlamb, from what I believe was a home supporter and was rightly ejected from the ground. Shocking to see this sort of behaviour anywhere, but at our club is totally embarrassing and unforgivable. Hope this supporter is banned for life. There's not place for it in any walks of life!
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:39 pm Much better performance today than what was served up on Tuesday night, although that wouldn't have been too difficult. Hartwell took the lead with a but of a 9 times out of 10 strike that goes high and wide from distance, but it was a cracking strike. They seemed to be in control from then up till half time. Second have didn't really improve much until a formation and player change (gyasi for casey) happened and then we started to play and look a threat. Got a reward from skin's strike from a fairlamb cut back. Could also of won it near the end when ashton's header thumped the post. Casey in centre mid was a surprise and it didn't really work. Couldn't blame a young lad playing out of position, whereas a number of other players didn't have great games. It was a bit of a mixture of performances. Only sour note, was the racial abuse headed towards fairlamb, from what I believe was a home supporter and was rightly ejected from the ground. Shocking to see this sort of behaviour anywhere, but at our club is totally embarrassing and unforgivable. Hope this supporter is banned for life. There's not place for it in any walks of life!
I wasn’t there today, but with the system currently being used, couldn’t tickets could be purchased by anyone? He may never have been to a game before today.

I do hope he gets reported to the relevant authorities, there’s no place for that kind of behaviour at our club, or anywhere else.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
TheIncognitoKid

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:22 pm
TheIncognitoKid wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:39 pm Much better performance today than what was served up on Tuesday night, although that wouldn't have been too difficult. Hartwell took the lead with a but of a 9 times out of 10 strike that goes high and wide from distance, but it was a cracking strike. They seemed to be in control from then up till half time. Second have didn't really improve much until a formation and player change (gyasi for casey) happened and then we started to play and look a threat. Got a reward from skin's strike from a fairlamb cut back. Could also of won it near the end when ashton's header thumped the post. Casey in centre mid was a surprise and it didn't really work. Couldn't blame a young lad playing out of position, whereas a number of other players didn't have great games. It was a bit of a mixture of performances. Only sour note, was the racial abuse headed towards fairlamb, from what I believe was a home supporter and was rightly ejected from the ground. Shocking to see this sort of behaviour anywhere, but at our club is totally embarrassing and unforgivable. Hope this supporter is banned for life. There's not place for it in any walks of life!
I wasn’t there today, but with the system currently being used, couldn’t tickets could be purchased by anyone? He may never have been to a game before today.
I can assure you this guy has been before. I even remember he used to stand on the old Peter DeBanke stand at Nene park. But yes anybody could purchase but then again, anybody could walk through the turnstiles before covid.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 140 times

Post by BartonRaz »

It was very tough to watch until Joel came on and Fairlamb was pushed further forward with 20 minutes to go. After that the game completely changed. If it wasn’t for a world class save from Barwell’s goalkeeper and the frame of the goal we would have picked up 3 points, and if the changes had have been made 10-15 minutes earlier we probably would have done anyway. After Tuesday, avoiding defeat was imperative and we did that, so it’s a decent result in my book.

Great to see Joel and Luke on the pitch together in a Diamonds shirt again after we had so much success with that wide pairing in our promotion season.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
TheIncognitoKid

BartonRaz wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:34 pm It was very tough to watch until Joel came on and Fairlamb was pushed further forward with 20 minutes to go. After that the game completely changed. If it wasn’t for a world class save from Barwell’s goalkeeper and the frame of the goal we would have picked up 3 points, and if the changes had have been made 10-15 minutes earlier we probably would have done anyway. After Tuesday, avoiding defeat was imperative and we did that, so it’s a decent result in my book.

Great to see Joel and Luke on the pitch together in a Diamonds shirt again after we had so much success with that wide pairing in our promotion season.
It was so obvious to go 4-4-2 with gyasi on the right. If he is fully fit, which I imagine he must be to make the bench, why didn't we start like this? Surely this will be the set up on Tuesday night. We look more dangerous and organised when playing that way. 3-5-2 Just looks like we're trying to accommodate players instead if benching them
train
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by train »

The more the game went on, the more we grew into it, a well earned point, (could have won it at the end) Luke is a awesome, footballer.

Thought it was disgusting in what this person said/did. And a Happy Birthday to Liam Dolman. :drinks:
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Post match interviews

Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times