Under 21s-Islip

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 40 times

Under 21s-Islip

Post by Dowlo »

First post in a long while, but after watching what went on up at Islip yesterday morning/afternoon I have a few questions/moans

I happened to be playing cricket for Thrapston at the ground. Our game was due to begin at 12pm. Yet started late due to over running football on both pitches! The Under9s or what ever tiny age group continued to have a post game debrief in the middle of the outfield for a further 15 minutes after the game had finished. 2 questions why do 9 year olds need a 15 minute debrief after a game? (the oppostion left straight away) If you have to do it why not do it out of the way of the cricket club wanting to use the pitch?

Then for some weird reason, the football club are allowed to use the changing rooms but the cricket club can't? Despite the cricket club having use of the facilities originally. How can this be seen as fair? Does anyone know the agreement that has been made with regards use of the club house and changing rooms. Which seem a tad unfair on the orignal users of the facilities- Thrapston Cricket Club!

I get that as a club we have no facilities yet to house all our youth and Under21s set up, however it seems that in situations like yesterday the club is deemed to have "taken over" a facility that was not originally designed for our use. Is there anyway we can be seen to be a bit more accomadating to the original users of the facility with out making them feel like they are getting in the way?

On a final note, can anyone explain the point of the Under 21s side playing up at Islip? Surely if you are aged 18-21 you should be looking to get into senior mens football? And if you can't/ wont for what ever reason perhaps you will never be good enough to make it into our first team. The football I saw yesterday was of a poor standard and none of the lads stood out as anyone I would put in the first XI so what is the point in carrying the side on?
richardmax
Has Liked: 4 times

Re: Under 21s-Islip

Post by richardmax »

Given you were playing for Thrapston Cricket Club, and have a complaint regarding the Islip Sports Field facilities, perhaps your complaint / grievances are best channelled to the facilities owners Islip Parish Council. The Thrapston Cricket Club representative for facilities is Jo Thurbon (Thrapston Cricket Club Secretary). Please liaise with Jo regarding you complaint.
With regard to you opinion of the quality of the players and football, you are entitled to your opinion. I hope you enjoyed the cricket game.
Dowlo

Post by Dowlo »

richardmax wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:00 pm Given you were playing for Thrapston Cricket Club, and have a complaint regarding the Islip Sports Field facilities, perhaps your complaint / grievances are best channelled to the facilities owners Islip Parish Council. The Thrapston Cricket Club representative for facilities is Jo Thurbon (Thrapston Cricket Club Secretary). Please liaise with Jo regarding you complaint.
With regard to you opinion of the quality of the players and football, you are entitled to your opinion. I hope you enjoyed the cricket game.
I've spoke to various people at the club who were using the facility un bothered when we were getting changed in the old green container changing rooms with mushrooms growing in the showers. Myself being one of those regular people.

Seemingly now, I can't use the changing rooms as a cricketer and up to around 1pm am being asked to pay for a tea or coffee because I can't access the kitchen.

Not sure why this has changed, are the cricketers not trusted to behave. But the Under21s are?

As for the standard of football. I stand by my opinion. Not one player from the Under21s has broken into the first XI and the club don't even use the team to play fringe 1st XI player or bring back returning injured First XI players? They seemingly all get loaned out to UCL sides or sides in the league below. So to what purpose is this "Unde 21s" side serving?
BartonRaz
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Is now a bad time to plug the most recent Podcast?
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Dowlo

Post by Dowlo »

BartonRaz wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:15 am Is now a bad time to plug the most recent Podcast?
:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:
BartonRaz
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Can't blame a man for trying.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

A very interesting podcast and detailed explanation by Richard Maxwell on the different pathways for the development of our 16-21 age players. I have always felt there had been a disconnect between our U21 set up and the senior squad and am pleased to see that this matter is now being addressed. Whilst many of our fans will be aware of recruits from the U18’s such as Paddy and Will it is now nice to know that there is clearly talent within the U21’s that will be utilised in the upcoming pre-season fixtures.
Diamond_ Wolf
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Diamond_ Wolf »

Dowlo wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:43 am First post in a long while, but after watching what went on up at Islip yesterday morning/afternoon I have a few questions/moans

I happened to be playing cricket for Thrapston at the ground. Our game was due to begin at 12pm. Yet started late due to over running football on both pitches! The Under9s or what ever tiny age group continued to have a post game debrief in the middle of the outfield for a further 15 minutes after the game had finished. 2 questions why do 9 year olds need a 15 minute debrief after a game? (the oppostion left straight away) If you have to do it why not do it out of the way of the cricket club wanting to use the pitch?

Then for some weird reason, the football club are allowed to use the changing rooms but the cricket club can't? Despite the cricket club having use of the facilities originally. How can this be seen as fair? Does anyone know the agreement that has been made with regards use of the club house and changing rooms. Which seem a tad unfair on the orignal users of the facilities- Thrapston Cricket Club!

I get that as a club we have no facilities yet to house all our youth and Under21s set up, however it seems that in situations like yesterday the club is deemed to have "taken over" a facility that was not originally designed for our use. Is there anyway we can be seen to be a bit more accomadating to the original users of the facility with out making them feel like they are getting in the way?

On a final note, can anyone explain the point of the Under 21s side playing up at Islip? Surely if you are aged 18-21 you should be looking to get into senior mens football? And if you can't/ wont for what ever reason perhaps you will never be good enough to make it into our first team. The football I saw yesterday was of a poor standard and none of the lads stood out as anyone I would put in the first XI so what is the point in carrying the side on?
Sounds very familiar.

Islip United who played at Toll Bar road a number of years ago were pushed aside by the Parish council! Shame really.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds member- 56