Stamford...

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Stamford...

Post by BartonRaz »

Stamford are advertising that they're playing Peterborough United next Tuesday, not us. Presumably our fixture with them is now not happening.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Re: Stamford...

Post by Trek »

Clearly they where enticed by the Posh. They wouldn’t have given us a much of a test as they couldn’t beat Harrowby.
StaceyH
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by StaceyH »

R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
judster62

Post by judster62 »

I've asked them on twitter why they changed an agreed date but no reply. Bit cheeky really.

I'd think we'd like a fixture of some description next week but that's unlikely to be Stamford. We will have played 3 games in 5 days so maybe a weeks training might be preferred...
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

judster62 wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:02 pm I've asked them on twitter why they changed an agreed date but no reply. Bit cheeky really.

I'd think we'd like a fixture of some description next week but that's unlikely to be Stamford. We will have played 3 games in 5 days so maybe a weeks training might be preferred...
Can't say I blame them. Difference between getting 150 people through the door and a capacity crowd. I would hope our club would do the same should a similar situation arise. Making friends and being nice doesn't pay the bills.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291