New Season...

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Re: New Season...

Post by sussexdiamond »

Update, I've been told Fairlamb is training/trialing with St Ives
Ricky330
Has Liked: 298 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by Ricky330 »

Ben Ford was the tenth. Can't see Dean getting a start in front of Fernando, Slinny or Jesse to b honest (unless injuries). Luke now obviously about money, lottery funds ?(good luck to him, it's a short career). We need wide players , particularly a left sided one IMO. Love another Albie Hopkins
Last edited by Ricky330 on Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

sussexdiamond wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:59 am Update, I've been told Fairlamb is training/trialing with St Ives
I had heard he was training with a Conference North team. If it's St. Ives, we really shoudn't be losing a player of that quality for the sake of a few quid. The 'boost the budget / monthly prize draw we've been paying in to for 9 months without having to shell out a penny of it should ensure that we're able to keep these types of players. Same for the likes of Acquaye.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
rushden_jm

Post by rushden_jm »

sussexdiamond wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:59 am Update, I've been told Fairlamb is training/trialing with St Ives
He played in their recent game against Barton Rovers. He’s pictured on their Twitter feed.
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

Fairlamb requests are way above our budget. He only signed last season on much reduced wage after falling out with Stratford and wanted to join his mates Oulton and Gyasi. He really should be playing at a higher level, like Acquah, but if these clubs want to meet his demands that's up to them.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

sussexdiamond wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:14 am Obvious favourites are Peterboro Sports and Banbury but all of the West Midlands clubs will be in contention.
Wouldn't put Banbury in that bracket. Think it'll be hard to look past Coalville, Peterborough Sports or Stourbridge.

Either way, realistically we're no way near that.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

sussexdiamond wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:19 am Fairlamb requests are way above our budget. He only signed last season on much reduced wage after falling out with Stratford and wanted to join his mates Oulton and Gyasi. He really should be playing at a higher level, like Acquah, but if these clubs want to meet his demands that's up to them.
Did Luke not try 1 level up and spend most of 2 seasons on the bench getting 5/15 minutes if he was lucky. So personal I think he’s a very good step 3 player but step 2 is without changes to his game a bigger step than it is for some others, St Ives do have a bit of money at the moment so guess their entitled to spend it where they wish.
Ricky330
Has Liked: 298 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by Ricky330 »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if we have £16247 in lotto fund for players, why would there be a problem in paying for Luke?? After all, we know what he brings to the team
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Hi Ricky, where did you get that figure from please? Don't forget it's a "boost the budget" fund and there's been nil budget income for us since god knows when.
The other problem is hiking up our payments for one player would lead to greater demands from others I suspect, so it's a long game. I'd like to think we could aim for the playoffs, but looking at what others are doing I think even that's a tough ask.
AFC R & D member number 34
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

I know it's asking a lot but we need Smith and Jones to create a successful partnership from the start. I am quite happy with the defence but think we need an experienced head in midfield. Maybe Dean Dummett is the answer. We have several good individuals but they are young, Slinn, FBT, Akubine, Diamond. Overall the squad is young and someone once said "you win nothing with youngsters" but he was proved wrong.